Graduate Environmental Consultant
Posted on Jun 18, 2021 by Adler & Allan
Reporting to the Principal Environmental Consultant, the Graduate Environmental Consultant will be required to undertake any or all required tasks to facilitate planning, procurement, supervision and data collection in relation to the project management of environmental insurance claims.
This is a full time post (35 hours per week, Monday - Friday) however the postholder will be expected to dedicate any hours required to ensure tasks are completed and in addition, there will be a requirement to work and stay away from home overnight. Although the role is homebased, to be able to provide coverage to the entire of the North region the candidate should be based near to Leeds, Manchester or Sheffield.
Key tasks and accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Undertaking field monitoring works including measurement and sampling.
- Supporting senior colleagues in all aspects of Environmental Claims Management.
- Provision of accurate and timely information to line management.
- Supporting team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices at all levels.
- Prepare samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
- The post holder will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness and organisation.
- Any other task assigned by supervision for which the post holder is qualified and experienced to undertake.
Graduate Environmental Consultant requirements:
- A degree in a relevant earth sciences, or geo-environmental discipline
- Experience of environmental assessment or monitoring and in the collection of field data would be an advantage but is not essential as all training will be provided
- Post holder will attend domestic and commercial properties to assist members of the public and as such, must provide a professional service and image of the Company at all times
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, workforce and clients at all levels
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
- The post holder must be able to adapt to an environment of growth
- A teamwork ethic is essential and the provision of support, advice and training to lesser experienced team members will be required on an ongoing basis
- The post holder is required to be self-motivated, adaptable and demonstrate excellent communication, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Under supervision and mentoring, the post holder will be expected to undertake tasks associated with the role of Environmental Consultant. This will be undertaken as a developmental element of the role with the long-term objective being the post holder is appointed to Environmental Consultant
- The post holder should have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when dealing with all stakeholders including colleagues, site staff, contractors and householders in person and over the telephone/email, and a highly professional manner
- Field sampling may involve working in all weather conditions and can be physically demanding.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and promote A&A Group values
- The postholder will be required to travel to any location within the Company's operational footprint; therefore, possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential for this role
- Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required, and the postholder will be required to undertake a DBS check to satisfy client requirements.
- The Company are seeking to appoint suitably qualified, experienced and knowledgeable individuals to join a highly skilled and professional team to undertake this unique and exciting opportunity.
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company vehicle suitable for role
- Regular opportunities for training and development
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Progression opportunities and clear career path
- All uniform/ work wear provided.