Senior Devops Engineer
Posted on Jun 17, 2021 by CV-Library
Our Client are the Emmy award winning leading provider of content protection solutions to the media and entertainment industry. Specialising in video security, we provide integrated technology products and security services to a global client base. That client base includes many of the world’s largest pay-TV broadcasters and OTT platforms, as well as content owners ranging from television and movie producers to the world’s most prestigious sports leagues and event operators.
How could you help?
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior DevOps Engineer / AWS Cloud Engineer to join our DevOps team offering the opportunity to work on a large-scale cloud-hosted application in use by many major global media companies. You’ll be able to architect a cloud-based environment’s autoscaling and at-edge compute features and be familiar with cloud-hosted IaaS and PaaS solutions and services.
What will your job look like?
This role reports to the DevOps Team Leader and when normal working arrangement return will be based in our Birmingham office.
The successful candidate will be involved in maintaining and developing cloud-based infrastructure services while making continued service improvements. You will have a strong Linux background, and will have experience supporting complex multi-tiered services.
You will also be expected to develop your skills in multiple challenging disciplines to work as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation.
Key daily tasks involve:
* Working as part of a team on large-scale cloud-hosted applications in use daily by major global media companies.
* Planning the architecture and deployment of new / updated infrastructure components.
* System monitoring and day-to-day management.
* Working with technology and infrastructure vendors.
* Management of data synchronisation and backup processes.
What you need
* BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Proven commercial DevOps experience.
* Strong Linux experience, ideally with Ubuntu, with shell scripting skills.
* In depth knowledge of cloud service management systems and APIs.
* In depth experience with AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, RDS / Aurora, Route 53 etc.
* Infrastructure automation experience, ideally using Terraform.
* Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, ideally with GitLab.
* Experience with containerisation, ideally using Docker and ECS or Kubernetes.
* Experience with web / API server, such as Apache or NGINX.
* Infrastructure monitoring experience, ideally using Prometheus.
* Familiarity working in a development team that uses Software Configuration Management (SCM) concepts, version control (incl. Git).
Other desirable skills and tools
* Memcache / Redis
* Beanstalk or other message queuing solutions
* Benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus extra day off for your birthday, and life insurance
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£70k - £85k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£60k - £75k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£80k - £90k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual