Posted on Jun 15, 2021 by CV-Library
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. The position of Software Engineer is within our Toxicology Point of Care team located at Abingdon. In this role, you will join a team to assist in developing, verifying, validating and supporting software for mobile drug analysers within a multi-disciplinary project team work environment.
* Development of embedded software in C for new and existing products, including:
* Adding functionality to, maintaining and supporting the continued success of our flagship embedded products; working with cross-functional R&D team
* Designing and performing software tests at different levels including Unit, System and Acceptance testing
* Supporting / authoring documentation of software development including for regulatory compliance (IEC 62304 Medical Device Software – Software Life cycle processes)
* High level technical support for existing and new products, including fault investigation
* Work within, and help maintain our existing software configuration management processes (Issue tracking, source version control, etc…)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
* BEng/BSc in computer science or related engineering field
* Knowledge of bare-metal programming and low-level software/interaction with electronics preferred
* Work proactively/ bounce ideas around within a small team environment
* Ability to work collaboratively in a close-knit multi-disciplinary team
* Self-starter, able to work with a minimum of supervision to tight deadlines
* Clear communication skills (written and verbal)
* Good record-keeping, in line with the regulated nature of our business
* Individual will be expected to provide samples for R&D testing
* At least three years work experience as a software developer / engineer
* Ideally with relevant experience in regulated markets, specifically FDA and IVD including EN62304, ISO13485 and ISO9001.
* Image analysis experience advantageous.
* Good understanding of design control.
* Excellent general IT skills, including Excel and Word.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £90k Annual
£19 - £20 Hourly