Posted on Jun 14, 2021 by CV-Library
An International Logistics Company, with expertise in global freight forwarding, project logistics, material management and consultancy services, are looking to recruit a Freight Forwarder, to be based at offices in Newcastle.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To be the first point of contact for new and existing customers, focusing on understanding the customers’ needs and providing answers to queries in a professional and positive manner. To be responsible for coordinating and processing all freight forwarding import/export types and modes of transport, in line with client directives, HMRC rules and standard operating procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assisting with the onboarding of all new clients, ensuring a smooth transition to the company’s service
* Working closely with Sales Team to win new work and maintain positive relationships with current clients.
* Accurate and complete entry of consignment and client information into in-house systems
* Processing of all Import/Export freight forwarding shipments by air, sea, and road.
* Providing pre-alerts to clients and checking to ensure they are received at final destination via post flight/sailing checks
* Ensure all months KPI’s are met and client invoicing requirements are achieved in a timely manner
* Participate in weekly team meeting to discuss workload, issues and opportunities
* Provide competitive solutions to customers and overseas offices, demonstrating intelligent buying from suppliers, comparing costs between suppliers, and negotiating to achieve the best deal.
* Resolving day to day issues with Clients and Vendors including NCR’s
* Feedback operational issues to Freight Forwarding Manager who will filter to Sales department to develop business further.
* Full understanding of Compliance Programme working closely with Manager and Regional Compliance Manager for latest edition of trade sanctions
* Ensure Dangerous Goods procedures are followed within the department for successful export in accordance with the current regulations.
* Follow and update, where required, client Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Resolving department day to day issues with Clients, Suppliers, Customs, and other 3rd Party’s
* Financial Processing – accurate input of accruals and WIPs, passing of purchase invoices and credit control.
To Be Considered:
* Proven experience in a freight forwarding background
* Comprehensive understanding of Export and Import Regimes and understanding of Customs Tariff
* Experienced in handling Dangerous Goods
* Displays a positive and outgoing attitude, maintaining a high degree of commitment to improvements and change
* High level of accuracy in checking and processing information
* Ability to form good relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good organisational skills and an ability to react to suit operational demands, must be able to organise time effectively and prioritise tasks to cope with fluctuating workloads
* The chance to work within a well-established freight forwarding company where values are well up-held and career development encouraged
* A competitive salary in line with skills and experience, plus benefits.
* The opportunity to work within a team of like-minded individuals.
For more details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£24k - £26k Annual
£28k - £30k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual
£25k - £36k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£23k - £24k Annual
£26k - £28k Annual
£27k - £27k Annual