Linux Systems Engineer (NASA ISS)
Posted on Jun 14, 2021 by Leidos
Leidos has an opening for a Linux Systems Engineer to join the team supporting the International Space Station's (ISS) Space Operations Computing (SpOC), Station Support Computer (SSC) Laptop & Network Integration group. The Linux Systems Engineer will be a member of the SpOC/SSC software team, and will participate in software/load development activities for the on-board SSC.
The Systems Engineer should have a broad knowledge and practical experience working in both Linux and MS Windows environments, as well as knowledge of common networking practices.
- Develop new elements of the SSC system.
- Provide support for elements of the SSC system as assigned - implementing change requests to modify existing features, add new features, or correct discrepancies in existing software.
- Sustaining support includes: requirement analysis and documentation, software design and implementation, test procedure development, and software documentation.
- Participate as a member of one or more organizational teams addressing all areas of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Interact with internal team members (NASA and contractor) along with external stakeholders (NASA and contractor) across all phases of the SDLC
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technically related area and a minimum of 4 years' relevant experience.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Programming knowledge/ experience in any of the following is highly desired: PowerShell,; C/C++; PHP; Bash.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus: Build Automation tools (e.g. Jenkins); Ansible; Puppet; Virtual Machines; DNS/DHCP; Microsoft Deployment Tool; Active Directory implementations; iOS/Swift.
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence is required due to length of investigation required for non-U.S. persons.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible External Referral Bonus $: Potential for Telework: No Clearance Level Required: Public Trust Travel: No Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Professional Job Family: Systems Integration Pay Range: