Back End Engineers Go Cloud Platform - REMOTE
Posted on Jun 11, 2021 by Modis
Our client needs 3 x Back End Engineers for a full time 6 month contract to be based remotely (plus some onsite work after COVID).
The positions need the following experts:
2 x Junior Back End Engineers
1 x Senior Back End Engineer
The suitable experts will be required to carry out the following:
- Build a range of APIs to serve multiple internal consumers ranging from customer facing apps to machine learning pipelines;
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested code;
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate and seek feedback;
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
The suitable experts will also need to have experience and be able to carry out with the following as well:
- Strong knowledge of Go;
- Experience with distributed systems;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Have experience deploying production applications (eg AWS, Google Cloud);
- be able to speak about the benefits that CI/CD has given you in previous projects;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing highly scalable Back End services;
- Know when to use a non-relational instead of a traditional relational database;
- A solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and
- Object-oriented design and systems architecture
- Comfortable working with unix-like systems;
- Great communication skills.
Ideally, the suitable experts will need to be fluent Dutch speakers and the onsite location after COVID will be in Rotterdam.
Our client is able to interview and offer immediately too.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.