Senior Devops Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2021 by CV-Library
Our client is a leading and long-established Fintech that count the world’s leading Investment Banks and Hedge Funds among their clients. Despite the current pandemic situation, the company has a robust business model and revenue and client numbers have continued to increase in 2020 and will continue to do so in 2021
As a consequence, the opportunity has arisen for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their growing team.
THE ROLE: - Senior DevOps Engineer
As the firm grows to deliver new services and expand existing services to new clients, its secure high availability infrastructure must grow to meet the demand. They strive to automate server provisioning, monitoring and day to day processes as far as possible – this is an essential objective as we grow.
You will have the opportunity to work with a FinTech company and be part of the team that owns the entire infrastructure, from networking, firewalls, external network routing, multiple data centres through to operating systems, data replication and application services.
We are looking for a talented Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer to join the team. You will be responsible for provisioning, installing, configuring, and operational maintenance of systems, networks and software-related infrastructure.
This also includes the DevOps initiative, where you will be tasked with the creation of Jenkins pipelines for automating tasks such as deploying and managing the infrastructure configuration, and other infrastructure-related tasks, work with the development team to troubleshoot Jenkins pipelines and provide mentorship. In addition, you will document procedures and knowledge base information articles
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: - Senior DevOps Engineer
* Support, monitor, maintain and improve our infrastructure and the live running of our applications.
* Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g. containerisation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring and pipelines.
* Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
* Leverage advanced knowledge in systems administration and consult with other staff and/or vendor support when necessary to troubleshoot and solve complex, highly technical problems.
* Help diagnose the root causes of systems issues using your problem-solving skills and work to produce permanent solutions that ensure problems never recur Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources.
* Install new and maintain existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
* Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
* Ability to drive DevOps methodologies, principles and automated tools to Infrastructure using current DevOps adoption methods.
* Exchange knowledge with colleagues through collaboration, documentation and occasionally 101 talks.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Senior DevOps Engineer
* Good degree / Academic qualifications
* Minimum 5+ years system administration experience and associated tools, covering:
* Setup and management of server build automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
* Experience working with a Microservices architecture
* Experience with CI/CD Tools
* Experience with virtualization technologies
* Experience with containerisation and container orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
* Excellent experience in scripting and automating day to day SysAdmin and DevOps tasks
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Self-motivated, pro-active and autonomous, highly organised, with good team-working skills
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£70k - £85k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£60k - £75k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£80k - £90k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual