Azure Data Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Azure Data Engineer
As a data engineer you will have a crucial contribution in making relevant and high-quality data available to internal stakeholders and external regulators. We strive to do this effectively by implementing Azure Cloud Services and we need your help to do this!
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, testing, and deploying applications and frameworks
- Collecting, loading, preparing, cleaning, and delivering huge datasets
- Building, monitoring and maintaining pipelines
- Optimizing the applications performances and the data delivery
- Identifying ways of improving the data quality and efficiency
- Maintaining the existing platforms
- Aligning and collaborating with stakeholders, product owners and data architects
The Non-Financial Risk data (CoDaC) team is part of the Risk Data & Modelling Grid. The Grid's ambition is to optimize the risk data landscape. The CoDaC team is responsible for loading, transforming and integrating data to feed reports and enable analyses. Currently, we are also in a transition to the public cloud (Microsoft Azure).
The atmosphere within the team and the department is open and informal. You will work in a diverse team with many different nationalities, and a good man-woman and junior-senior ratio. We work hard, but there is certainly room for fun!
You have a strong drive to continuously improve your expertise. You are also good at conveying your expertise to others, share information with team members and work together to come up with solutions. You are not afraid to voice your opinion and you are a real go getter. Getting things done is a motto you live by.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering
- BSc or MSc in computer science or relevant field
- Preferably in possession of an Azure DP-200 Certificate
- Highly skilled in Python, Spark and Airflow
- Experience with Azure data tooling (Databricks, Data Factory, Azure DevOps, Azure data lake storage)
- Experienced in SQL Databases
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with building ETL data pipelines
- Experience with using CI/CD pipelines and Continuous Testing
- Experience with DevOps way of working
- Fluent in English and preferably also in Dutch