Software System Engineer - JIRA - Gitlab - Software engineering - Pharmaceutical - English
Posted on Jun 11, 2021 by NextLink Solutions
Software System Engineer - JIRA - Gitlab - Software engineering - Pharmaceutical - English - Remote
NextLink is having an existing position as a Software System Engineerfor global pharmaceutical projects in remote.
Start date: 24/05/2021
Duration: 12 months
Location: Barcelona area, Spain but can be performed remotely
Functional design information from UX, desired behaviours, expected workflows of the user within the system, the resulting system decomposition and responsibilities of each part thereof, needs to be tied together and documented throughout the evolution of the project. From this, functionality stories and technical investigations (spikes) need to be created and managed as a backlog for the implementation team. This requires both strong requirements skills and technical knowledge, and Full time dedication.
- Manage the evolving information content for the project, from a definition standpoint. This means, understanding and documenting and maintaining the needs/requests/decisions/questions in a structured way, using the tools in place (JIRA tickets, Wiki for content) to link it.
- Collect and document workflows and use cases from different stakeholders to consolidate understanding
- Point of reference for functional/technical requirements of the system
- Understand the architectural decomposition of the system and its interfaces
- Create and manage content of user stories and spikes, in line with the architectural structure of the software project
- Create feature files (BDD) and Acceptance criteria for the software project at this initial stage, in line with the architectural structure of the software project (component-specific), creating the standards needed to follow by future requirements engineer/testers
- Documents release notes of iterations of the software
Consultant should be comfortable working with:
a) gitlab (for code, requirements, tests, CI/CD pipeline, product documentation [READMEs])
b) JIRA ticketing system (for work items)
c) Confluence Wiki (for project documentation)
d) DevOps mentality
e) Investigation of technologies
f) BDD practices
Technologies currently used:
a) React/Material UI (Front End)
b) Java/Springboot (Back End)
c) Camunda (possibly temporary)
d) gitlab pipelines
Design and evolve the interfaces between components of the system, ensuring the correct standards are chosen
Implement the models in code
Align standards across projects
Manage and ensure documentation of terminology across the scoped projects
For a chance to work as a Software System Engineerplease call me or send me your CV as soon as possible!
IT sourcing specialist