Data Analytics Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2021 by TEKsystems
Role: Big Data Engineer
Contract Period: ASAP - March 2022
Location: Basel, Switzerland
On behalf of a financial institution based in Basel, we are looking to hire an experienced Big Data Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to be working with one of the world's leading financial institutions and with leading professionals in the field.
- Provide implementation support on variety of data management and analytics projects using the Bank's approved databases (big data as well as relational databases) and analytical technologies
- Develop required code for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data' technologies.
- Participate and contribute in overall data architecture and the design of Big Data & Advance Analytics solutions
- Designing, developing, constructing, installing, testing and maintaining highly scalable, robust and fault-tolerant data management & processing systems by integrating a variety of programming languages & tools together
- Develop end-to-end data pipelines; defining database structure, applying business rules and functional capabilities, security, data retention requirement etc
- Work with stakeholders including the business side as well as big data solution architect to strive for greater standardization across various data pipelines
- Ensure effective design and development of system architectures through frequent product deliveries; employing effective governance methods for transparency and communication.
- Propose and implement ways to improve data quality, reliability & efficiency of the whole system.
- Develop functional specifications in a team environment, as well as derive use cases where appropriate
- Assist and support proof of concepts as Big Data technology evolves
- Translate, load and present disparate datasets in multiple formats/sources including JSON
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detail design
Minimum 5+ years professional experience in Big Data environment
Experience in data migration from relational databases to Hadoop HDFS
- Hands-on development in using open-source big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka, Impala, ELK etc. preferably with Cloudera
- Strong, in-depth experience in Datamodelling, design patterns and experience with dimensional modelling, data mining, predictive analytics
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed applications using HBASE/Hadoop/Spark/Scala
- Experience with design and implementation of ETL/ELT framework for complex warehouses/marts - experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting
Experience in building data ingestion pipelines -simulating ETL or ELT workloads for data warehouse or data lake architecture.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, RunDeck, Nifi etc
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and experience in API creation and management technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Knowledge on Data warehousing/Data Mart and data lake architecture
- Experience in Automated Testing, Test-driven Development, debugging, troubleshooting, and optimizing code: senior level experience and knowledge
If you believe you meet the above requirements and are looking for a long term project in a modern environment, please send your CV to Alexandra Ionescu at (see below)
We are not able to consider applications from any non - EU 27 candidates.
Job Title: Data Analytics Engineer
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Job Type: Contract
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60.4 - £61.4 Hourly