BDM – Smart Buildings and Metering Solutions
Posted on Jun 11, 2021 by Igloo3
Business Development Manager - Smart Buildings and Metering Solutions, home based with flexible travel across the UK. Salary to 58,000 + car/cash allowance + benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for corporate customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
Company's Distributed Energy Business is seeking to drive the Business from a focus on building controls to becoming the market leader in the Smart Buildings sector in the UK.
Following company's initial success, they now need to accelerate progress in these new markets and indeed consider other potential market opportunities to promote and sell its services.
In order to develop these opportunities and routes to market the Business has identified the need to increase internal knowledge on the Smart Building products and services.
The company need to have a sales resource who can actively promote internally and sell Smart Building based products and services to the market. These include specialist expertise relating to IoT sensors, aM&T software and metering solutions. These sales may be made to new markets or assist the existing sales force to enhance performance
* Securing new sales opportunities for our Smart Buildings and Remote Service business
* Account manage and secure new sales opportunities for our social housing proposition
* Developing and managing a wide client base across multiple channels
* Identifying, exploring and developing specific sales opportunities within the sub metering market space
* Provide support to Business Energy through Tenders, exhibitions and being the value-added services to company's energy supply contracts
* Sign up to tender portals and complete tenders for Metering, IoT and Remote services
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
* Strong experience of selling Smart Building, IoT and Metering services
* Excellent track record of building business both with direct customers and via partners
* Commercial knowledge of sub metering, energy management, BEMS, IoT sensors and how these benefit the end user
* Strong experience of running tenders and managing business opportunities
* Excellent customer facing skills with the ability to communicate and engage at all levels and with internal stakeholders
* Agile working approach with flexibility to support the wider UK regions
* Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence is required.
Salary to 58,000 + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family. There is a flexibility on the salary for the right candidate.