Posted on Jun 10, 2021 by CV-Library
£45,000 - £52,000 + benefits including 30 days holiday, enhanced pension scheme and bonus
Quantum Detectors is a spinout from STFC and Diamond Light Source, based at Harwell Campus. We develop advanced detector technology for the X-ray and electron microscopy markets. Our cutting edge products are installed at prestigious research facilities all over the world.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer with a strong background in supporting customer-deployed products. The products are detector systems and their associated control and data processing software. The support, maintenance and continuous improvement of this software is critical to the success of the company.
The position requires close interaction with a range of existing staff with different specialisms, so good communication skills are essential.
* Investigate new tools/technologies/ideas to promote further improvement
* Promote and enforce best practices, existing development guidelines and continuous code improvement
* Maintain, develop, improve and deploy detector software
* Functional changes to existing products
* Support customers with specific software related issues
* Creation of a test environment, replication of customer setup
* Determination of root cause and fix
* Regression testing
* Documentation updates and release
* Creation and execution of test plans for applications
* Maintain software repositories
Essential qualifications and experience:
* Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field
* Comfortable at the command line
* Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
* Experience maintaining and testing production software
* Experience working with scientific instrumentation or related hardware
* Good understanding of Git
* Experience with scientific SCADA systems (EPICS, TANGO)
* Experience with UI design
* Experience working with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
As part of a fast growing company you will be expected to have an all hands on deck attitude to work, your role and responsibilities will be dictated by the business needs and will, at times, be outside of those detailed above.
The successful candidate will become part of a supportive team, benefit from excellent facilities at the world class Harwell Oxford science campus (sports facilities, cafes, social club, library, restaurant, etc).
This permanent full-time position offers a 35-hour working week with flexible working hours, 30 days holiday and a generous pension contribution