Apigee Engineer - Google
Posted on Jun 10, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Google Apigee Engineer - vacancy for a globally operating Basel based company in the financial sector.
- Work experience with build and deployment methods using Google Apigee with the focus on gateway functionality along with a good understanding of API Edge as well as Developer Portal functions
- Expertise with Apigee architecture and configurations to achieve resiliency, scalability and high-availability of the company's API management platform along with good skills in REST, JSON and XMl
- Know-how of authentication and security technologies like SAML, OAuth2, TLS, multi-factor authentication, HSM integration and more as well as solid understanding of API gateway, API protocols, API management console and API Documentation creation and deployment
- Proficiency in service mesh technology, service registry, throttling techniques, security setup and API design best practices like Swagger, Microservices and other
- Finished degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Engineering or any other related IT domain
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Implementing API management platform via Google Apigee, including API proxies, mashups, rate limiting, security, analytics and developer portals
- Assisting business lines, defining the functional and technical API roadmap, contributing to the implementation of business API strategy, API development methodology and API configuration
- Providing operational support for the company's data integration and data analytical platform like Kafka, Cloudera Big Data Platform and other data integration pipelines managed by ITS and other business areas
- Collaborating with platform and product teams, helping, designing and building technical solutions to address integration issues
- Working on analytics and the generation of custom reports on platform health and enabling integration with external tools like Splunk
- Being responsible to clearly communicate risks, issues, challenges and status on platform health and applicability
- Supporting technical developers and solutions architects in understanding and adopting the API roadmap, strategy and solutions as well as contributing to evolution from SOA to APIUs and in building APIs
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.