Posted on Jun 10, 2021 by CV-Library
Software Engineer (Warehouse Management System)
TBA Group was established over 30 years ago; we’re award-winning and one of Europe’s leading software development companies for the intermodal and logistics companies. Through our innovative software, we produce market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide.
The work we do is complex, challenging and rewarding and together with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and a close-knit team, we believe we offer a unique working environment; our enviable staff retention rate speaks volumes about our ethos. It’s our aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years and with our sights set on our ambition and there are opportunities for career advancement within our thriving, award-winning professional organisation.
We are part of a multi-national group of companies and promotes a creative and dynamic work environment, right now we are recruiting Senior Software Engineers to join our team on a permanent basis in Leicester (restrictions permitting); the purpose of this role is to support the design, development, installation and commissioning of our WMS systems (Warehouse Management Systems) as well as hardware including projects to service transition by providing a consistent, high quality delivery of service in customer facing and internal projects.
Working within one of our agile development teams, you'll be responsible for the development and design of code as well as maintenance and support of existing installations. As a senior member of staff, you will take the lead of coaching and mentoring other software engineers and testers. After a period of time you should expect to also become involved in both the implementation and support of our systems, which operate 24/7, gaining exposure to the full software product lifecycle. You will occasionally be required to visit customer sites in the UK (and overseas), so being flexible and willing to travel is essential.
Key Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
· Delivery of high-quality features with optimal solutions and exceptional coding techniques.
· Maintain and improve code quality, and processes through the development of and maintenance of features within the software products and working as part of a team within an Agile framework.
· Work from requirements specified as user stories, user acceptance criteria, and test plans.
· Manage calls in the Service Desk management system
· Trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving warehouse software related issues to find and address root cause
· In time becoming part of the Out of Hours support team on a rota basis.
· Occasionally supporting on-site installation, with testing, training, commissioning & go-live support
· Generation & maintenance of documentation: functional specifications, manuals, project technical files, and training
What are we looking for from a Software Engineer?
· You will ideally hold a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent and already possess software development experience within industry.
· Be highly proficient in spoken and written English
· Experience of C/C# Programming Languages, Pro C, Jaspersoft Reporting, Python and Microsoft .Net Framework.
· Microsoft Visual Studio & Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
· Oracle Database Systems and Microsoft Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems.
· Structured Query Language (SQL) including stored procedures, triggers etc.
· Experience and appreciation of Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
· Strong debugging skills.
· The ability to apply previous experience to new problems and to estimate work accurately
· Knowledge or experience of working in, or systems/processes used in, a warehousing or logistics environment would be advantageous.
What we have to offer you;
· Salary: £negotiable, depending on skills and experience
· 25 days’ holiday - plus bank holidays
· Workplace Pension
· Childcare Voucher Scheme
· Central UK Location with easy access to M1 and A46
· Fast growing and market leading organisation
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£300 - £350 Daily
£280 - £300 Daily
£300 - £350 Daily
£280 - £300 Daily