Posted on Jun 10, 2021 by CV-Library
High Wycombe HP12
Join a dynamic business and own an equity stake!
Being a fully employee owned company means our employees think more like business owners and have a vested interest in the success and growth of the business. We actively encourage the mind set of grow, innovate, evolve, invest.
The innovative thinking and strategy set by the Shawston management team have allowed Shawston to mature and take stock of the pathway to success. Making strategic business decisions to benefit customers first: when they are happy, Shawston is happy, creating a spiralling effect providing benefits to the company, the employee shareholders and suppliers. Shawston operates a customer centric focus via the individuals that are responsible for its success.
We have an exciting new position available for a Warehouse Manager – High Wycombe. Working closely with our High Wycombe Operations Manager and Operations Director, an individual that has a personality and can energise business situations and environments. A self-starting business leader that can cope with targets and pressure to deliver.
Key responsibilities but not limited to: -
-Supporting a team of 15 operatives and 2 supervisors across two shift patterns
-Ensure full compliance and adherence to all internal processes.
-Achieve and maintain stock accuracy in line with our internal KPI’s.
-Ensure a proactive approach is taken to warehouse replenishment and maintaining healthy stock levels.
-Manage and oversee the goods in and despatch operation.
-Resource Planning responsibilities for the whole warehouse operation.
-Ensure all customer returns, supplier returns and specials are processed in a timely fashion and in line with process.
-Conduct RTW’s and absence management meetings for all warehouse personnel as required.
-Managing and co-ordinating daily and annual PI counts.
-A continual focus on employee engagement and the exploration of innovative ways in which this can be maintained.
-Proficient in the use of our Warehouse Management System (WMS) and all stock related functions.
-Ensure service level issues are addressed, handled accordingly and the Customer Log updated in a timely fashion.
-Performance management and error management to ensure all internal KPI’s are met and service levels remain industry leading.
-Maintain high levels of housekeeping standards
-Full adherence to company code of conduct policy ensuring any non-conformance is dealt with formally.
-Complete and document quarterly 1-2-1 performance reviews with all warehouse personnel with the support of the operations manager.
Background and Experience
* Proven history of working within the building materials or similar supply industry.
* A proven track record within a Warehouse Manager role operating in a fast-paced environment.
* Competent in the use of Warehouse Management Systems
* Proficient in all areas of people management.
* Enthusiastic, driven, proactive and focused.
* Persuasive operator with excellent change management skills.
* A lead by example, on the ground manager with a target driven mentality
* Customer focused
* IT Proficient
* A background in Lean Six Sigma and 5S methodologies advantageous.
* Experience in Sage extremely beneficial.
• Excellent communicator
• Professional – attitude/appearance & values
• Results driven
* Highly organised
* Capable of following procedures
* The ability to work with minimal supervision
* Fast learner
* Able to work in a busy environment remaining calm and keeping a positive attitude
* Keen eye for detail
* Computer and phone literate
* Team Player
Please do not apply for this role if you do not have the relevant industry experience.
No agencies thank you
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£13.5 - £15 Hourly
£35k - £35k Annual
£26k - £28k Annual
£25k - £27.5k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£35k - £38k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£30k - £32k Annual