Posted on Jun 10, 2021 by Igloo3
Quantity Surveyor, Exeter, UK, Salary in the range 50,000 - 65,000 + bonus
This is an important new role with a leading solar energy, engineering and construction firm who are building a very large pipeline of utility scale solar PV projects in the UK and abroad.
We're looking for a high calibre QS with a background in Power Generation, Energy Distribution and or Construction (ideally from Principal / Main Contractor) to join this vibrant company experiencing rapid growth.
You will support project delivery, taking responsibility of the project, budgets, tendering, procurement, supporting the closure of contracts and managing them through construction and handover to operations.
You will inherit a pipeline of challenging solar projects and operate within a lean organization that offers autonomy, generous remuneration and market leading incentives.
You will be comfortable overseeing risk and value management whilst driving the performance of sub-contractors and managing quality. A background in Power Generation, Distribution, Construction would be suitable.
Kay skills & requirements
* Ideally 5 - 10 years' post-graduation experience
* Ability to demonstrate significant experience in using various contract forms, Project Manager qualification preferable but not essential);
* Preferably has experience of heavy Civils/Renewable Energy works in a main/principal contractor setting (but not essential);
* Experience of working on contracts 10m plus for principal contractor (Desirable)
* Management of change - takes the lead and owns the change process - maintains effective change control procedures with supply chain (i.e.) managing Risk/Early Warning Registers; proactively reacts to notifications of works variations (cost and time), works with contractors to reduce project risk to Minimise cost;
* Procurement - prepare enquiry documents, conduct work scope reviews, with particular emphasis on the identification of areas of design and time criticality T&Cs review, strong contract negotiation, select best value Contractors and Draft Final Order documentation
* Manage Contractor accounts; assess and administer payments in a timely manner and formulate payment notifications and notices;
* Challenge and act on areas subject to disallowed costs;
* Reporting activities - Maintaining internal cost plans Earned Value recognition, reporting to Head of Operations.
* Provide site management with commercial support and advice;
* Strong emphasis on profit maximisation
* Promote and maintain professional working relationships
* Ability to work autonomously
Salary in the range 50,000 - 65,000 depending on experience plus attractive bonus (discretionary, up to 100%) possibly more for exceptional candidates with very relevant experience