Direct Support Professional
Posted on Jun 10, 2021 by Heart Havens Inc
Heart Havens seeks Full-time Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to join the team at our home in Stuarts Draft, Virginia. Are you someone that will embrace our mission of empowerment and share our values of accountability, integrity, respect, and empathy?
We currently have the following schedules available:
As a DSP, you'll empower adults with a developmental disability to live full, vibrant, and happy lives. In this role you'll provide support with: community outings and volunteer activities, personal hygiene activities, medication administration and foster more independence with daily living skills. DSPs are responsible for providing support as identified in the Individual Support Plan, and for collecting data and documenting the provision of those supports. You'll encourage our residents as they discover what they're passionate about and pursue their dreams. One thing's for sure: Heart Havens is looking for driven, dependable, creative and compassionate individuals who want to make a difference in people's lives!
Qualifications for a Direct Support Professional:
· Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
· Knowledge of basic human physical and psychological needs
· Knowledge and passionate use of person-centered approach
· Knowledge of health and safety precautions
· Demonstrated leadership ability, emotional maturity and patience
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient typing and computer skills
· Demonstrated flexibility and reliability
· Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
· Must have at least a high school diploma or GED
· Required training: Therapeutic Options, 1st Aid/CPR/AED, 32 hour Medical Administration (paid training provided)
Benefits for Direct Support Professionals:
· Vacation & Sick Leave
· Education Assistance
· Retirement Plan
· Life Insurance & AD&D
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Voluntary Insurance
· Employee Referral Bonuses
In order to be employed as a Direct Support Professional, candidates must comply with state background screening requirements.
Heart Havens is committed to equal access and opportunity for everyone. Heart Havens does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religious affiliation, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, or veteran status in employment, partnership or program delivery.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$13.2 - $13.2 Hourly