MSBI Technical Specialist - Belgium
Posted on Jun 10, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
The Microsoft BI Technical Specialist will be a part of a Back Office (L2+L3) support team that supports the Microsoft BI infrastructure for Volvo Group. Besides the usual components of this platform (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), the specialist will also be in touch with Integration products (WebSphere MQ) and Scheduling tools (Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Autosys)
The key responsibility will to perform the migration of a large scale MSBI setup with more than 50 BI applications to new infrastructure.
Additional activities are:
- day to day operational follow-up, support and assistance for the production-, test- and acceptation environments of the MSBI environment
- Handle incoming incidents and questions from developers/end-users, follow up and communicate on these incidents
- Provide support to the BI development teams within Volvo
- Provide help in tuning SQL queries
- activities to maintain, enhance and improve the MSBI environment
- Working at least 5 years as product/infrastructure specialist with Microsoft SQL - BI, MCSA SQL Certified
- Experience with upgrading SQL solutions to newer version and migrating SQL solutions to new infrastructure.
- Experience with SQL2014 and/or SQL2017, mainly with the BI stack (DBA, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- Experience with power BI and power BI gateway
- Problem solver attitude
- The candidate must possess in-depth SQL knowledge so he/she can understand and review SQL and host language programs and can recommend changes for optimization.
- Being able to proactively monitor the database environment and to make changes to optimize performance.
- Experience with the implementation of a rigorous security infrastructure for production and test databases is necessary.
- Good knowledge of data warehouse design and Business Intelligence concepts
- Experience with WebSphere MQ (user level)
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- Tivoli workload scheduler and/or Autosys
- Experience with ticketing solutions as a support tool (preferably Service Now)
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a business-critical production, in a global, multi-cultural organization.
- Team player and can work autonomous.
- Structured and strong analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of English (written and oral) and excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Stress resistant and you can adjust easily to fast changing environments.
- Strive continuously for quality and customer's satisfaction