Posted on Jun 9, 2021 by CV-Library
As a Payroll Administrator you will be primarily responsible for assisting with the administration and processing of payrolls within the team and to provide a first-class payroll bureau service.
Responsible for the day to day administration of small to medium size client payrolls from end to end with little or no supervision;
* Use STAR/IRIS Payroll Professional software efficiently, including import/exports; To process all types of manual payroll calculations, including Director’s NI;
* To have an extensive knowledge of PAYE/NIC and statutory payments e.g. redundancy, SMP/SAP, SPP and SSP when running client payrolls;
* To possess knowledge of auto enrolment pension schemes for the purpose of payroll processing, including the AE process and pension upload to pension providers websites;
* To send BACS payments; Assist with small client setups;
* Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance; Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision; Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries when they arise;
* To use own initiative to resolve issues and to assist the team where possible, by providing a range of solutions and seeking advice where necessary;
* Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels;
* Good IT skills, including a good knowledge of Excel;
* Previous payroll experience, ideally within a professional services environment;
* Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software, specifically STAR;
* Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with clients and staff; Organises own work and possess the ability to prioritise own tasks;
* Good numeracy skills;
* Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy;
* Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests.
Working hours, patterns and environment:
Hours can be flexible, ie 8am to 4.30pm or 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch.
Based in a light and airy open plan office
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £35k Annual
£25k - £27.5k Annual
£23k - £25k Annual
£22k - £22k Annual
£27k - £32k Annual
£11 - £14 Hourly
£11.3 - £11.3 Hourly
£23k - £26k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual