Posted on Jun 9, 2021 by CV-Library
Our client a privately owned firm of Accountants is seeking a permanent member of staff to join their established team (office based). Working full time as a Bookkeeper/Wages Clerk you will be part of a busy team.
Salary: C£27,000 pa
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, 1 hour break, flexi time available
Annual leave: 28 days inc BH, some reserved for the Christmas break, none to be taken through the month of January.
The work involves looking after the affairs of several of the firm’s clients. You will be required to work to strict deadlines and the ability to communicate well both internally and with clients is essential. It is necessary to work to standard agreed procedures and to document these as a matter of routine. The client list may vary from time to time throughout.
The work includes:
* maintenance of payroll records
* inputting and processing payroll information to produce payslips, reports, etc
* advising clients of net pay and amounts due to HMRC, etc.
* it is likely to be necessary from time to time to work on clients not in your ordinary portfolio, and to support and guide less experienced team members.
* posting all sales and purchase invoices
* checking and reconciling supplier statements
* posting bank transactions, and preparing reconciliations
* produce and reconcile VAT returns.
* journals such as wages/payroll journals will need to be posted as will receipts and other non-ledger bank transactions.
* entering financial data so as to enable production of routine management reports, accounts, etc.
All work will be done subject to supervision and/or available consultation with more senior or experienced colleagues, and in turn you will be expected to mentor or guide colleagues as part of the team ethos