Posted on Jun 9, 2021 by CV-Library
Derby, East Midlands
V Selective are currently working a long standing client who are a world leader in the design, manufacture, supply and support of high quality specialised products and services for the aerospace and turbo-machinery industries.
This organisation currently have a brand new exciting opening for an Electronics Engineer to join their team. The role will involve both Electronics Development and Technical Customer Support including on-site Installations and troubleshooting ... requiring occasional International travel as required.
- Conduct development, test and validation of products and specialist measurement systems.
- Provide technical support on design and development across a variety of disciplines, to Production Engineering and the Engineering Design Team.
- Provide technical support and training to customers on both new products and previously installed systems.
- Development of a Product services and support function.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BTEC HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in development, test and validation of bespoke products and systems.
- Experience in working within a development Electronic environment.
- Experience in a commercial, customer support, client facing role.
- Preferred background in Aerospace, Aero Engine, Gas Turbine markets.( not essential)
- Excellent working knowledge of Electronics test equipment, fault finding and repair skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to explain solutions clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone & presentation
- Excellent administration skills including knowledge of Microsoft packages and the ability to create professional reports and presentations.
- Commercially astute and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated team player also happy to work independently.
- Flexible and willing to travel worldwide as and when required.
- Must have full clean UK driving licence in order to be capable of site visits to customers.
- Able to work outside of normal hours to service the needs of International customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Operation, test and validation of products & specialist measurement systems, Telemetry, Traverse, Pyrometry, Blade Tip Timing & Blade Tip Clearance.
- Testing and calibration of products (new and existing), utilising equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Light/laser/temperature meters, Multi-meters, PC based software, Programming equipment, DVMs & Signal generators.
- Fault finding, diagnosis and rectification at both system and component level (analogue and digital). Read and interpret circuit diagrams/block diagrams/mechanical drawings.
- Environmental Testing and validation of products
- Assist in Purchasing & Sourcing of electronic components and PCB design (after training).
- Assist in the creation of Production Test and Engineering instructions, and test hardware when appropriate.
- Assist in providing proactive project management to the project, liaising where necessary with the customer to ensure on-time project delivery.
- Conduct product training, commissioning, maintenance and onsite servicing.
- Technical support of customers - willingness to travel to a customer’s site, sometimes overseas, to perform installations of new systems or to provide support on a previously installed system.
- Represent and support the company at conferences, exhibitions and seminars UK wide and internationally.
- Assist in the creation and delivery of technical sales presentations in collaboration with the technical sales manager to existing and prospective clients
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£34k - £36k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£40k - £48k Annual
£34.5k - £38.5k Annual