Data Handling/Entry Manager
Posted on Jun 9, 2021 by Parker Shaw
Up to €40,000 per annum
We are recruiting for the role of Data Manager to support a recently won contract with the National Transport Authority (NTA), based in Dublin. You will join our Operations Team, reporting to the Operations Manager. The position will be based in the client office in the centre of Dublin.
The primary purpose of the role is to build great relationships with the public transport Operators across the whole of Ireland in order to collate a high quality central database. This data will be used for passenger facing outputs on the web, apps and at bus stops.You will use our software tools to measure, process and improve the quality of data according to a set of defined procedures. The role also involves working closely with the NTA internal stakeholders.
Working as part of a small, local team your main focus will be to:
Never forget that good quality data is vital to the reputation of the NTA.
Build strong relationships with the NTA and external providers of data.
Follow documented procedures for the processing of complex data.
Use our software solutions to generate supplemental data.
Manage any faults within the data and processes in line with the SLAs in place between us and the NTA.
Apply a creative and analytical approach to resolving data and process errors.
Generate monthly reports back to the Business Unit covering topics such as adherence to KPIs, performance, quality testing and Internet usage statistics.
Additionally, you may be required to:
Generate technical documentation, such as procedures or manuals
Contribute to software testing and deployment
Make suggestions to improve the quality of data and processes.
- Roles in Customer Support or Application Support
- Meeting SLA's/KPIs
- Service management principles and practice
- Excellent all-round IT skills, including MS Office
- Familiarity with managing complex data
- Knowledge of the public transport industry would be an advantage
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain relationships between different stakeholders at all levels across the organisation
- Seeks to provide the best customer service to both internal and external customers .
- Service development skills, in order to improve service delivery and incorporate and deliver new requirements.
- Implement quality processes to maintain ISO9001:2000.
- Analytical skills, in order to optimise the flow of data through the system, from creation through processing to delivery.
- Use of software tools to diagnose complex data issues
- Organized, methodical and resilient
- Always taking pride and care of work
- An organized, disciplined approach to work with excellent time management skills and the ability to deal with multiple activities.
In return we offer a competitive salary of up to £40,000 (DOE) and benefits including
Excellent pension scheme offering 5% contribution
4x salary life assurance
Income protection plan
23 days holiday + bank holidays in 1st year increasing to 25 days
Health care cash back plan
Holiday buy & sell scheme
Bike to work scheme
Flexible working: This is an office based role but currently remote working inline with Gov guidance
And a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading Software Company.
If you feel this role is suitable then please do apply now.