AWS Lead Engineer (AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certified)
Posted on Jun 8, 2021 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking an AWS Lead Engineer, This role will lead and collaborate with the Project Vendor, the Solution Architect and the AWS team, for the provisioning, testing, configuration, migration and management of the UIM project's AWS infrastructure.
- The candidate must have strong experience with AWS cloud technologies and AWS services.
- This role will be responsible for assisting with the administration, network, security, and access management within the AWS Virtual Private Clouds that host the UIM system.
- This position will work with the cloud team to implement best practices for AWS services and help improve AWS knowledge transfer, and assist with importing orphaned AWS resources into management under standard Infrastructure as Code tooling.
- This position will also support data migration activities for the system that leverage Legacy services and enables many endpoints receiving data via batch methods.
- The AWS Architect will partner with infrastructure, devops, and application teams to recognize existing guidelines, policies and standards to ensure the delivery of cloud solutions to solve complex problems.
- This role will also help implement standards, create detailed reference documentation, participate in service restoration activities, and mitigation of networking and communication issues
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of Cloud architecture and management experience.
- Architecture level knowledge of AWS.
- Design, deployment, and life cycle support for AWS workspaces, Elastic Cloud Compute, Elastic Load Balancers, Simple Storage Service, Relational Database Services, Virtual Private Cloud, Cloudwatch, RDS, FSx, Certificate Manager, and Route 53
- Demonstrated success planning and executing the migration of complex applications and infrastructure services.
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure-As-Code and infrastructure deployment with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Creation of design documents/diagrams to show environment topology and data/process flows
- Experience with disaster recovery planning, implementation, and testing
- Experience analysing and implementing cloud cost/performance optimization
- Enabled and supported infrastructure for moving large amounts of data.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills to resolve complex problems.
- Strong collaboration, communication and coordination skills to achieve optimal participation from project resources.
- The AWS Architect will use appropriate and secure infrastructure practices to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of the UIM systems and its data.
- The role will work directly with our client's staff, vendors, and the AWS support team in fulfilling and executing the requirements of assigned IT tasks. This work shall be performed in a way aligned with the technical strategy, business needs, contract requirements and within the approved technical architecture.
- Preferred experience is the managing and leading the technical infrastructure for large projects leveraging AWS services..AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification required.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".