Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper
Posted on Jun 8, 2021 by CV-Library
Success Recruit are currently working with a well-established construction business based in South Essex who are seeking to recruit an Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper that can support within a small team and support with all accounts support and administration working closely with the director.
The successful Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper will be expected to:
* Have a minimum of five years’ experience
* Experience using Sage software preferable
* Analytical/systematic approach to work
* Confident communication skills on all levels and via telephone and email
The successful Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper will be rewarded with:
* The opportunity to join an established business
* Working within a positive team who are supportive of one another
The objective of this role is to support with all bookkeeping duties to help with the smooth daily operation of the business whilst also being a key contact to sub-contractors, suppliers and building strong relationships in the workplace.
Duties to include but not limited to:
* Purchase & sales ledger
* Daily & weekly bank reconciliation
* Managing company credit card payments
* Query resolution on outstanding credit queries & credit control
* Completing CIS Returns - Training provided if not completed previously
* Completing VAT Returns
* Filing of all necessary paperwork to support with year end preparation
* Chasing of weekly sub-contractor timesheets
* Ensuring all paperwork is up to date for sub-contractors & compliant
* Project costing on various projects & updating system
* Preparation of weekly/monthly payroll, including expenses
* Monthly company and project report preparation, to include management accounts
* Assist in weekly cashflow management
* Tracking of project income
The successful Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper will require a very good understanding of the core accounting principles and will be working closely within an experienced team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a forward thinking business. The company have a wide range of clients and have worked on prestigious construction projects, predominantly in London, and pride themselves on the quality of their work and professional culture.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
up to £37k dependent on experience
Dear Job seeker! We value your application however we are unable to respond to everyone directly due to high volumes we receive. Please be assured though that we will review your CV and should we believe you meet the experience needed for this vacancy one of the team at Success Recruit will be in touch very shortly!
In the meantime, we wish you all the best in your new job search and finding a position you will be happy long term within