Naval Superintendent (m/f)
Posted on Jun 8, 2021 by emagine
We are seeking a Naval Superintendent
- Comply with IMS and all relevant international rules and regulations
- Ensure all your duties in accordance with quality, health, safety, environmental and ethics policies
- Propose a continuous performance improvement plan which will be reported and reviewed on a periodical basis
- Keep the Fleet manager advised of problems which arise on managed ships, and solve them, including issues related to speed and consumption, operational performance
- Be appointed when required as mentor in charge of Junior SI
- Assist in any emergency response as required.
1. Vessel maintenance follow up:
- Monitor vessel performance (LO and HFO quality and consumptions), shipboard maintenance and repair programs;
- Monitor planned maintenance software to detect any delay which could impact the operation of the vessel;
- Prepare and organize the maintenance during ship's trade;
- Minimize interference with vessel commercial availability;
- Supervise the shipboard working organization in close cooperation with Masters and Chief Engineers;
- Monitor spare parts and stores availability and requests from vessels;
- Conduct regular vessels inspections;
- Submit the damage claims including stevedores damages in cooperation with Legal Dept;
- Follow up defect reports, guarantee claims in a timely manner;
- Answer to vessel monthly reports;
- Implement actions related to relevant experience feedbacks on managed vessels.
2. Preparation of vessel dry dock
- Prepare dry-docking specifications;
- Evaluate tender documents;
- Prepare documents relating to the docking (DAI, EDD);
- Support the dry dock manager during the dry-dock;
- Assist the dry dock manager during dry dock
3. Vessel budget
- Prepare vessel's budget;
- Approve orders, invoices up to limit of authorization;
- Monitor operating costs of the vessels to ensure expenses are kept within budget.
4. Crew related duties
- Monitor crew overtime in respect of company policy;
- Monitor rest/work hours and implement improvement;
- Appraise senior officers;
- Inform Marine Human Resources Department (MHRD) as soon as a problem is detected.
5. Certificates, inspections and surveys
- Plan in due time safety inspections, statutory and classification surveys to maintain the validity of statutory and classification certificates (except ISM, ISPS, MLC certificates);
- Notify classification society, or the flag administration, or classification society and the flag administration in case of deficiencies arising on the vessels.
For a full breakdown of the project details and position deliverables please send the latest version of your CV or call Brendan with you questions
emagine is a professional and reliable business partner with more than 25 years of experience in IT and business fields. We operate in 14 locations, with offices in Germany, France, the UK, Hungary, Ireland and India. We deploy our highly-skilled specialists to complete one of our clients 750 new projects each year these projects take place in more than 20 countries across the world. emagine is known for our specialised technical know-how, innovative drive and agility. We are consistently