DevOps Engineer (Data & Analytics) Remote-Based
Posted on Jun 8, 2021 by WA Consultants
A DevOps engineer required for a six month initial, remote-based contract. Ideally, you have previous experience in building, testing and maintaining data pipelines as well as working with Big Data technologies.
The role focuses on shaping next generation data platforms to build and manage data assets across the whole organization targeted towards Analytics/BI and AI. You will build the data platform infrastructure as a service on the latest cloud technologies to support product teams across the whole group.
- Develop and design the next generation data platform with focus on self-service capabilities and data mesh concept
- Architecting and building a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure on cloud services (eg Google Cloud Platform and Azure)
- Advocate a DevOps mind-set, enabling teams by providing the right amount of self-service infrastructure
- Develop automation routines for infrastructure provisioning and releases
- Work with cross-functional initiative and collaborate with product teams across the whole organization
- 5+ years experience of software development and testing in the field of Data & Analytics
- Experienced in Cloud Engineering and Cloud Services (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Expert in infrastructure as code & codification (eg, Terraform, Ansible)
- Expert in container orchestration & tooling (eg, Kubernetes)
- Experience in setting up scalable, service-oriented, service- and/or data-mesh architectures
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages such (Java, Scala, Python)
- Experience in agile methodologies and applying Dev(Sec)Ops and DataOps
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Experience from successful delivery of high-quality outcomes
- Passion for people and interest for technology
To arrange an interview, please email CV to (see below) or call Jonathan Taylor.
WA Consultants is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as described within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.