Posted on Jun 8, 2021 by CV-Library
Job title: Infrastructure Engineer
Looking for something different in your career? Join Raytheon in Gloucester and make a real difference in the fight against cyber-crime.
You’ll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers’ critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
We are always continuing to try to improve our systems with new projects becoming available to work on with cutting-edge tech.You’ll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Leads administration and backup tasks, including delegation;
* Maintains relevant records and documentation, leads audits;
* Leads investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications and services;
* Expands and improves specified maintenance procedures;
* Assists in Red Hat migration to CentOS;
* Carries out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature, logging, delegating and QA’ing;
* Experience with Linux administration;
* Leads maintenance, installation and problem resolution;
* Contributes to and helps improve system operation;
* Assists in database support activities;
* Leads investigation and resolution of network problems; and
* Helps define specified maintenance procedures
* At least one year experience working in a Linux environment (RedHat, Centos);
* Experience maintaining Windows Server 2012, 2016 + Windows Desktop Environments;
* Experience with Active Directory, OU, User and Group Management;
* Understanding or experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS);
* Higher level of Linux administration and deployment;
* Understanding and interaction with Windows Deployment Server (WDS);
* Experience with VMWare Vsphere ESXi administration;
* Understanding of network heath monitoring, network maintenance and troubleshooting
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
·25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
·Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
·6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
·Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
·Enhanced sick pay scheme
·Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
·37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £35k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£38k - £46k Annual
£35k - £37.5k Annual
£45k - £47k Annual
£26k - £30k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£275 - £325 Daily
£50k - £60k Annual