AWS Technical Architect
Posted on Jun 8, 2021 by TALENT - IT
Mission part on-site/part remote
Setup and enhance the AWS Landingzone (Hub & Spoke model) by introducing new features and capabilies to increase standardisation (best practices) and efficiency.
Enable and Roll-out the use of different AWS services like EKS (containers) to optimize the efficiency and speed of IT infra delivery and support Dev-Ops.
Work with External 3th parties and internal Devops teams to embed Saas solution into the AWS landscape.
Design and/or validate the AWS infrastructure solution blueprint(s) for projects in collaboration with the outsourcing partners and internal customers, using the overall agreed cloud architecture framework. Guarantee follow up of Infrastructure Design & Architecture rules in AWS projects and represent Operations in the associated project teams.
Fulfill the needs of (business) customers by translating requirements into technical specifications and implementing the needed AWS Infrastructure and services and follow-up on standard Service Requests and Demand Requests
Contribute to the definition of responsibility ( RACI) of AWS used services between Delivery teams and Operations, service teams.
Participate on the definition of the AWS standard service catalog
Contribute to Solution Design activities and Implementation:
- Define the most optimal infrastructure for business & cross-technical projects
- Implement low-level designs
- Handover to Service delivery teams and Devops
- Third line support after go-live
- Minimum 10 years in IT Infrastructure roles
- Minimum 5 years' experience asTechnical Infrastructure Architect in AWS environments
- Experience in IT infrastructure project management
Qualifications & Technical competencies
- Practical knowledge of datacenter technologies: Storage (SAN, NAS), Hardware platforms, Virtualization (eg Vmware), Citrix, Windows Server, Active Directory, Unix/Linux Server
- AWS certification
- Proven knowledge of AWS networking & security technologies eg Network Firewall, Transit Gateways, NACLs, Security Groups, Availability Zones,
- Experience with products that are required to get a microservice landscape running according to best practices, including the operational aspects. This includes at least EC2, ECR, EKS, S3.
- Experience with AWS account management
- Good knowledge of ITIL v3,v4 Service management
- Excellent understanding of IT market trends and innovations
- Excellent understanding of the Services management processes and IT Provider services,
- Excellent organizational- and time management skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Hands on approach
- Knowledge of foreign languages (English, Dutch, French, ...)