C# .NET Developer - Min. 2 Years' Experience, Max £45k plus bonus - London
Posted on Jun 7, 2021 by Parham Consulting Ltd
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 plus bonus and benefits package
Location: Acton, West London W3
This is an established, successful and growing licensed gas and water supplier and shipper who are now expanding into electricity, hence their current need for another software developer. The technical environment is three-tier architecture written in C#.NET. They have almost completed the task of writing their new software for the electricity market and it will soon need testing, deploying and maintaining, hence this requirement for a C# developer. The working environment is very friendly and secure in this family-run business, consequently they are seeking developers for whom this could be a long-term proposition.
The experience required for this role is as follows:
- A minimum of 2 years of commercial experience as a C# .NET Software Developer
- Commercial experience building WinForms in C#
- A good understanding of OOP (Object Oriented programming) .NET experience in C#
- Happy to work on WinForms database-driven applications. The work here is admittedly WinForms as opposed to Web apps, although there is some web work.
- Experience in N-Tier architecture (for example MVVC architecture experience is suitable)
- Experience in SQL and MS SQL Server
Please note the above experience is essential: You require all of the above to be eligible for this role.
This is a business gas and water supplier. Their Visual Studio Solutions have 3 main layers: Business Objects (data layer class library), User Controls (business logic layer) and WinForms (presentation layer).
Please note the work here is mainly WinForms as opposed to web apps, so we need people who are amenable to that.
Responsibilities will be:
- Design, code, test and manage various .NET (mainly Winforms and some Web) applications
- Collaborate with IT team to establish best solution for internal/external users
- Follow outlined standards of quality related to code and systems
From a Covid-19 point of view, they have a large office in which it is easy to maintain social distancing. Therefore, they have returned to the office, but are now seated on a socially-distanced basis.
What's the attraction though? Why come here? I mean, if you're employed at the moment, why would you give up that job to come here?
Well, this is a small, family-run company with happy staff! People tend not to leave: For example, the hiring manager for this role has been there fourteen years. He describes it as a safe place to work, meaning that your job there is secure. There is no intense pressure or tight deadlines. Consequently, they are seeking people who could stay with them for a long time: People who would relish the security of this role and who would like to settle in to a company for the long-term.
They are always doing new development, there is plenty of scope to learn as you work, they pay for your subscription to a learning portal (Pluralsight), they are willing to use new technologies and there is always something to learn. Bonus is guaranteed!
Location: Acton, West London W3. Nearest tubes are Park Royal (Piccadilly Line) and West Acton (Central Line)