Automotive Content Technical Producer
Posted on Jun 7, 2021 by Babcox Media
Babcox Media Inc, an Akron, Ohio-based B2B multimedia company with concentration in the automotive aftermarket, powersports, performance, collision, commercial fleet, dealership, engine building and tire industries, is seeking an Automotive Content Technical Producer. This is a Full time position.
The Automotive Content Technical Producer is responsible for writing, editing, proof reading, copy-editing, and publishing online content for of their assigned brands. The ideal candidate will possess digital knowledge and experience, possess automotive service experience and knowledge, as well as possess experience producing engaging quality content that speaks to our audience and boosts digital engagement for our brands.
- Bachelor's degree in digital media, broadcast journalism or communications or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) to four (4) years of digital media content experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP style.
- Preferably, ASE Certified Automotive Technician or equivalent automotive repair work experience.
- Preferably, understands the latest automotive technology (ADAS, TPMS, etc.).
- Preferably, possesses knowledge of the inner workings of an automotive shop or dealership service department.
- Experienced in being in front of a camera for interviews, product demonstration etc. preferred.
- Ability to research technical topics using OE service information and aftermarket resources.
- Experience and knowledge of editing software packages (Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress).
- Knowledge of SEO strategies as it relates to digital content preferred
- Good judgement regarding brand web design and content.
- Experience and knowledge in content editing and basic graphic design.
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently and collegially as a team member.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Computer skills - Microsoft, Excel, Outlook, and MS Teams.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Babcox Media offers competitive salary and benefit packages as well as a creative work environment. Qualified candidates should apply directly to our Automotive Content Technical Producer Editor job posting or you may email your resume and cover letter to (see below) No phone calls please.
Babcox Media does not offer relocation assistance nor does the company sponsor international candidates.