Director, Software Engineering
Posted on Jun 7, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
Company is looking for an experienced IT leader to be responsible for the definition and delivery of IT solutions of both in-house and external systems. This position will establish and improve the processes that ensure the company's IT group delivers the best solutions possible to support their customers, partners and employees. This individual will lead the IT solutions delivery functions including project management, solution definition, requirements & design documentation, software engineering and SLA monitoring. This role will oversee a diverse team that includes coworkers and contracted staff both onshore and offshore, strategic vendor negotiation, management and administration and work closely with product management and enterprise architecture to ensure solution development that progresses our strategic roadmap. Success is measured by understanding customer needs and delivering high-quality, scalable, stable, resilient IT systems in the timeframe required to capture business opportunities.
Essential functions of the role:
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional IT solutions, partnering closely with stakeholders, enterprise architecture, development teams, infrastructure teams and external vendors.
- Lead diverse and cross-functional teams of coworkers and contractors, including offshore, through the delivery of new products and services, as well as their ongoing support and maintenance.
- Help the team understand their goals and the underlying business strategy.
- Inspire, mentor and set expectations for team members.
- Make sure the team has clear priorities and adequate resources.
- Manage the reduction of technical debt and progress the technology roadmap.
- Continuously improve the output of the team by finding ways to improve outcomes and deliver value through product development practices standards for scope development, design patterns, coding standards, testing and technical documentation in the context of building to a true CI/CD capability.
- Plan upcoming work in a way that sets the team up for success.
- Work with technical leads to make architecture and technical solution design decisions.
- Facilitate daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, and backlog grooming (shared with Product Owner).
- Manage technical and delivery risk, proactively escalating and proposing mitigation strategies.
- Address challenges and proposing solutions to issues shared across teams.
- Constantly review, evaluate and manage critical vendors to deliver stable and high-quality solutions.
- Minimum of five (5) years of hands-on development experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years in IT solution delivery leadership.
- Demonstrated success in delivering IT products, systems and solutions to achieve business objectives on time and on budget.
- Knowledge and practical experience applying software quality principles and practices.
- Understanding of automated test frameworks.
- Experience with offshore development teams and effective utilization and results.
- Deep understanding of IT project management and project portfolio management, and proven success with delivery of multiple complex solutions.
- Proven background assessing and understanding potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factoring these into solutions.
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical, logic, and documentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to discuss technical topics with a non-technical audience.
- Experience in financial services or servicing operations desirable.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or combination of equivalent experience required.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.