OSS RAN Systems Engineer
Posted on Jun 6, 2021 by LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
OSS RAN Systems Engineer
Brussels (remote at present)
Start ASAP (urgent!)
Duration: Until 31/12/21 initially
Based on client's strategy and operational or regulatory requirements; and with respect for the objectives, budget, resources and timing, leads the analysis, development and implementation of new OSS (Operation Sub System and associated Suite (Call Trace, SON - Self Organisation Network, Performance/Configuration/Faults Management applications) solutions or makes evolve existing. End-to-end responsibility for taking all the appropriate actions from the requirements to the move in production, after validation in testbeb.
* Analyzes and assesses technical solutions and evolution to fullfill client's strategy, regulatory and operational (functional and capacity) requirements, considering cost, time to market
* Leads medium to large size implementation projects and coordinates (and coaches if necessary) a core team for the solution or evolution implementation.
* Writes functional and technical specifications and requests for proposal.
* Evaluates and makes recommendations for the future considering the technical evolutions on the market
* Defines in collaboration with the supplier, the technical part of the contract (Scope of Work, Project Management Plan, Professional Services). Supports purchasing (e.i. cost of services) and analyses the requests for proposals (supplier selection).
* Generates methods, procedure and technical documents regarding technical solution and evolution (architecture, impact analysis).
* Conducts the implementation of the technical solutions (in collaboration with the IT and Operations & Maintenance teams if needed).
* Acts as a technical interface within team and with client, suppliers, other operators, to gather requirements and technical solutions, challenge client's strategy; and provide recommendations.
* Analyse, manage and ensure northbound interfaces towards client and 3rd party applications and ensure correct segregation of provided data.
* Ensure and implement security policies to enable a secure OSS platform.
* Analyse, manage and ensure OSS load and capacity, based on known and future network rollout requirements.
* Evaluate OSS and network roadmaps to manage, prepare and implement software and hardware requirements needed to enable new network features and technologies. Align software/firmware packages and patches between connected NE (Network Element) and OSS.
Degree & Experience:
* Engineering degree in telecommunications and/or IT technology.
* Knowledge of Networks, Telecommunications, IT environment and IP protocols.
* Minimum experience: 5 years in Telecom or IT environment.
* Ability to act proactively.
* Sense of initiative.
* Ability to solve problems.
* Project management skills
* Good Planning & Organisation skills
* Can analyse risk and anticipate (risk mitigation)
* OSS architecture and associated suite (CM, FM, PM, Call Trace, SON), OSS dimensioning exercise and Software release validation and implementation,
* IT/telecom environment, Operating Systems (Unix, NT, Linux,..), SQL, DB's (Oracle), IT/Telco Infrastructure
* Technical Expertise in Transport Network Technologies and Security (Transmission, LAN, RAN-IP)
* Communication skills.
* Negotiation skills.
* Coaching skills.
* Persuasiveness and diplomacy.
* Presentation skills.
English required, French or Dutch desirable
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.