Posted on Jun 5, 2021 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Duration: 6 month contract with extension
Telecommunication Connect is looking for an experienced Data Software Engineer who can help us maintain our AWS Data Warehouse. Our data warehouse stack is built on AWS for data storage, SSIS for ETL and Tableau for data visualisation. The candidate must have practical hands-on experience with each of these tools.
- Actively break down tasks, provide estimates and track and manage requirements, dependencies and progress of assigned stories in Jira.
- Create and maintain Entity relationship diagrams, source to target mappings
- Enter and maintain metadata in Data Cataloging tools
- Develop and maintain ETL pipelines from internal and external sources all the way through to S3 and Redshift
- Develop and maintain SSIS packages through BIML and C# extensions
- Develop and maintain ETL workflows orchestrated on AWS with Apache Airflow
- Create and maintain the assigned pipelines across Dev, Test and Prod environments (supported by CI/CD engineers)
- Ensure all developed solutions include unit tests and integration with the team;s test suite.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 5+ years proven experience working with SSIS ETL tools. Experience programming with T-SQL and PG-SQL is essential.
- 2+ years proven experience with Redshift and S3.
- 2 + years C# development Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Python Programming
- Experience developing and maintaining E2E ETL pipelines and best practices for them
- Excellent communicator with the ability and experience to coordinate work directly with multiple internal team members.
- Documentation skills with ability to create Entity Relationship Diagrams and Source to Target mappings.
- Must have worked with automated CI/CD tools and patterns.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Airflow or similar orchestration & ingestion tools.
- Project leadership experience.
- Tableau familiarity, especially within self hosted AWS implementations
- Experience implementing and using Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog
- Experience with Qlik Replicate/Qlik Compose or similar tools
BSc in Computer Science or equivalent technical background.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£429 - £429 Daily
£72.3k - £81.3k Annual
£406 - £496 Daily
£72.3k - £90.4k Annual