IT Architect - Brussels
Posted on Jun 5, 2021 by Morson International (IT)
IT Architect - Brussels
Morson International are working with a global IT Consultancy who are looking for an IT Architect to join their team in Brussels. This is an initial 12 month contract where my client are paying up to €575 a day. You will be required to work onsite for this opportunity.
The IT Architect will:
- Propose systems, components and/or services architecture (eg SOA, ESB, MDM, Legacy, framework, security), COTS software products, standards and/or evaluate technical offers from agency contractors
- Make proposals for architecture setup and/or evaluate technical offers from agency contractors
Investigate and recommend solutions (including cost benefit analyses, assessment of implementations duration) and/or evaluate technical solutions proposed by agency contractors
- Understand, apply and suggest improvements of agency methodology, security policies, tools, best practices, etc.
- Support projects by designing services and components (or supervising contractors design), encouraging re-use as well as committing that the design of the system will fulfil the systems requirements, in particular non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability, business continuity and disaster recovery planning)
- Ensure that the systems, components and/or services design is consistent with DG TAXUD architecture (eg consistency with an agency framework)
- Analyse the integration of different information systems and ensure their interoperability
- Identifies and anticipates design flaws not overseen by the development teams
- Produce and/or review documents follow-up document revision with an eye on systems and applications architecture
- Provide suggestions for service or methodology improvements escalate issues, in particular the ones with potential impacts on interoperability
The successful IT Architect will have:
- Minimum 3 years of higher education (Bachelor Degree or equivalent) & minimum 11 years of IT experience of IT experience in the IT Systems architecture/design, processes and projects, matured in a complex and structured organization with outsourced services proved by practical hands-on activities
- Strong ability for analysis, comparison and summary strong capability for writing and presenting clear documents
- Recent practical experience in IT systems architecture and design
- Capability for specification of components, data and services
- Capability for specification of service interfaces, service data and reference models
- Good knowledge of interoperability technology ( eg web services, message oriented Middleware, service oriented bus)
- Proven multiyear experience with Oracle Database and SOA technologies (Oracle FUSION) is required
- Prior experience with SAS technologies is required
- Good knowledge of service implementation patterns (synchronous, asynchronous, request/response, etc.), distributed system design and messaging layer
- Experience in architecture modelling
- Deep technical knowledge of IT technology
- Hands-on experience with network security architecture will be an advantage.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.