Posted on Jun 5, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious is on the search for a Data Analyst Contractor. This is a remote opportunity. This will be a 12 month or longer contract. This company is looking for someone who has experience in fast paced environment or preferably a law firm. They must have heavy client interface experience and be a good Report Writer, dash board development experience in ETL and testing. A data analyst who focuses on BI development.
- Legal or equivalent experience that demonstrates ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced/firm. Legal experience provides a quick ramp up to the specifics of working with data regarding clients and matters, and the business areas (staff functions) that support the legal practice areas. Equivalent experience must demonstrate ability to work with business leaders and staff all having high expectations of delivering with speed with work products of the highest quality.
- Success in handling multiple concurrent tasks/projects and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience (and passion) for working as a data analyst with business area staff and functions, to understand their data, review the details of key outputs (eg, reports, metrics, other business analytics) to identify data sources, master data elements, and build out data dictionary, maintain data lineage, etc. Working with MDM tools and understanding data governance principles and how to apply them. Note for recruiter: Some candidates might have done this years ago, but their resume shows that they've moved on to new skills/interests (and passions), and it is best we don't settle.
- Demonstrated skills in building complex queries using Transact SQL and/or other data query/reporting tools.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience in applying Data Analytics tools like Qlik Sense is a plus.
- Experience in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Experience supporting initiatives to maintain metadata (definitions and lineage documentation), reference data, and enforce data quality rules is a plus.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Identifying master data elements by analysis of key reports and metrics as used by business teams.
- Support design and maintenance of the Profisee (company's MDM toolset) metamodel for Firm wide master data.
- Managing Business Glossary (Data Dictionary) and Data Lineage.
- Support initiatives to maintain metadata (definitions and lineage documentation), reference data, and enforce data quality rules.
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis, by profiling data sets, developing complex queries, analysing results, etc.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, using Excel and other analytic tools.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Minimum 5 or more years of experience in an analytical role with a heavy focus on querying data, analysing and clearly presenting analyses to stakeholders across the organization.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
- Experience in developing complex queries using Transact SQL and other data query/reporting tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.