Velocix CDN Integration Engineer
Posted on Jun 4, 2021 by ComTech Europe Limited
My client are looking for a Content Delivery Network (CDN) integration engineer that will support them to meet their Velocix CDN deployment timelines.
- You will assure operational readiness of the Staging platform by pro-actively monitoring the CDN via existing tool (Cacti, Nagios, )
- You will increase availability and visibility of the Staging CDN platform by reviewing and proposing improvements to the existing tooling and rule sets.
- Define and further detail, in close cooperation with the vendor and the CDN team members, the LLD of the solutions defined in the technical stories.
- Lead the change and assure seamless integration of the LLD into the CDN eco-system. Defining acceptance testing of technical solutions.
- You will participate and support testing. Validating changes or candidate releases for PROD deployments.
- You will increase the knowledge of the Support/Operation teams by writing detailed method and procedures of the release upgrades.
- Apply changes into the Staging platform in cooperation with the vendor.
- Documenting and organising training on the CDN solution to facilitate integration by the expert teams.
- You will act as a L3 support line for user compliant on CDN video delivery. Reviewing logs of server/client (CDN/STB) via available tooling (ELK, logfiles, KPI). Performing root causes analysis of these individual customer complains condensing them back to structural improvements proposals
- You will configure the new or update the existing WebObjects via the management console (GUI) for Staging and assure end-to-end connectivity Origin CDN for Stag an PROD by implementing network changes (Firewall/ACQ routing updates, DA routes,
- Helicopter view on the CDN market with a strong technical background on Velocix CDN product.
- Proven track record in High and Low Level Designs on Velocix CDN with deep integration in existing Digital Right Management (DRM) and Back End systems.
- Expert in Velocix G2 rule setup/review to further optimise deployment and maintaining G2 ruleset to match the changing network and applications requirements.
You are skilled in the following technical domains:
- Expertise in Video Container as Base Media File Format, Transport Stream.
- Video delivery via UDP, RTP, RTSP, HTTP Video transport over MPEG transport stream, HTTP Live Streaming, MPEG-DASH.
- Natural interest in Television & media content streaming technologies
- Good understanding of Digital Rights Management.
- Interest and ability in experimenting new protocols Experience in OTT video delivery with thorough understanding of CDN working.
TV Back End:
- Understanding of component such as Subscriber Management Systems, Content Management System, concept of Mediator and capability to understand Applications workflows.
- Understanding of Storage Architecture and experience with different connectors: NFS, FTP.
- Ability to understand and to develop basic script, knowledge of Bash, Python of similar Web tools.
- Experience with LAMP. Understanding with practical experience of datacentre environment including cloud computing foundations.
- Virtualization, Containerization, Platform as a service like OpenShift, knowledge of ICT standards/procedures/release management/technical activities.
High-Level network knowledge with an experience in designing and ability to identify workflows.
- IP Unicast & Multicast protocols.
- Dynamic routing protocols as ISIS, BGP, OSPF.
- Network routing & configuration.
- Firewall rules and policies
- Load balancing technologies (F5, Viprion).
- Network configuration based on NxOS IP & TCP services including DNS, HTTP workflows.
- Ability to document designs in Microsoft Visio is a plus.
- Team player, collaboration comes naturally
- Solution oriented
- Out of the box thinking
- Well-respected and influential
- Good at "helicoptering"
- English is a must, French or Dutch is optional but an advantage.
- Flexible and able to cope with stress
- Agile Product owner capability is a plus