Senior Cloud Engineer - GCP
Posted on Jun 3, 2021 by Appsbroker Ltd
This role can be based remotely
Are we looking for you?
As a DevOps professional, you have ambitions to deliver cutting edge public cloud solutions for Enterprise customers. Seeing an engagement through end to end, learning and collaborating as you go and being hands on throughout.
You understand the need and why organisations modernise their Infrastructure, and can transform bespoke requirements through streamlined pipelines into secure and scalable deliverables utilising tech such as Terraform, Python, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Jenkins and Ansible.
In summary, here you'll be in a customer facing engineering position, designing and delivering multiple cloud infrastructure modernisation and high performance computing solutions on the Google Cloud Platform.
Are you looking for us?
Appsbroker is Google's largest Premier Partner in Europe and a MSP.
We deliver leading-edge cloud services to some of the world's most exciting brands, in sectors from retail through automotive to finance.
We expose you to some of the most exciting Cloud transformation and optimisation project opportunities utilising Google Cloud (GCP).
Full training and certification on GCP are provided as part of an extensive on-boarding program even if your background is more AWS/Azure. Though you should note we are a GCP only consultancy and should want to pursue a career in this space.
Day to Day
Appsbroker is dynamic and the role is varied (there is no 'typical day') so you'll get involved in a wide range of activities (more production than POC) but here is what to expect:
- Lead, Identify, scope and participate in the design and delivery of cloud infrastructure modernisation solutions, typically VM migration to GCP or large scale data centre migrations.
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios and provide deployment guidance
- Collaborate and share best practices/insights with engineering colleagues and the architect community
- Travel to client sites as appropriate (when restrictions allow)
What skills we look for
- Able to consult with internal and external customers in various technologies around cloud infrastructure components and DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins, Terraform to name a few.
- Articulate communication skills to explain complex solutions to external or internal customers in a clear and concise manner, aligned with the ability to adjust style to a varied audience within an organisation.
- Public Cloud experience with hands on delivery of GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Project experience in VMware, Data Centre or data platform building (Desirable)
- Related industry qualifications - GCP (highly desirable)
Appsbroker is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £70k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£75k - £75k Annual