Azure Cloud Engineer
Posted on Jun 3, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
I am currently looking for an Azure Cloud Engineer for a client of mine who is based in Basel.
This is a 12 months contract with the possibility of further extension.
Provide design and implementation support to the Innovation Hub projects using the Azure Cloud services. This includes:
Cloud Engineering: Support implementation of a flexible Azure cloud-based sandbox environment which enables the Innovation Hub project teams to iterate and pivot rapidly.
Operations and DevSecOps: Monitor the Innovation Hub project sandbox environments (cost, security, guidelines/policies) using out-of-the-box Azure services. Optimize operations through automation, configuration as code, and through strong partnership with developers and security.
Scripting and Infrastructure as Code: Develop Powershell, Python, Terraform and Ansible code to manage and interact with Azure cloud services and Windows/Linux operating systems. Promote the agile/DevOps culture in the project teams
Required skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Cloud; (Microsoft 365 Services are a nice to have), Microsoft Azure AD, Azure Resource Management, Azure Subscriptions, Azure IaaS and PaaS services.
- Experience with DevOps practices, in particular automation and reusability as key enablers of project delivery and operations.
- Experience with working with Container related technology, egDocker Orchestration, docker registries, docker build strategies
- Fluency in Scripting languages and common automation frameworks (Bash, Python, Powershell, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with configuration management practices and technologies and leveraging orchestration to ensure configuration consistency.
- Fluency with code and deployment management solutions, in particular Git and Azure DevOps services.
- Experience in monitoring and optimizing technology for efficiencies and resilience, including building adequate logging and monitoring into solutions to enable predicative analysis and proactive problem identification.
- Experience with Azure security services an asset.
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum).
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.