Packet Core Engineer
Posted on Jun 2, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
My client, an International mobile operator is currently looking for an experienced Packet Core Engineer to join their team on a long-term contract basis.
The Role covers all technical design aspects of the Packet Core, as well as the Strategic requirements for the Evolved Packet Core for the support of business solutions and MVNO operating models.
You will have the responsibility to communicate with the relevant design, planning and operations teams to ensure that the network performance and capacity reports are developed for their use and where appropriate, provide relevant training on generating network views.
Some of the key responsibilities as well as experience include the following:
- Provide technical support for all business solutions using the Virtualised Evolved Packet Core (vEPC)
- Evaluate all business proposals for the exploitation of the vEPC and provide reasoned alternative network solutions as required.
- Create the detailed designs for the business proposals and identify all possible development shortfalls (eg resource, technology, commercial)
- Provide vEPC designs across all platforms (vSGSN-MME, vEPG, vePDG)
- Support of investigations into Performance Issues
- Provide support for Performance Monitoring of vEPC during project events.
- Detailed knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G cellular systems
- Over 5 year's involvement in cellular systems and network development.
- Highly Desirable - Knowledge of PrOptima Performance Management system
- Highly Desirable - Extensive knowledge of traffic monitoring systems such as Wireshark and Empirix
- Highly Desirable - Knowledge of Ericsson Packet Core and NFVI solutions
- Extensive knowledge of PS core network functionality and technology, including all PS Core interfaces, mobility management procedures, session management procedures, interworking & handover, QoS, GTP, IP technology, national & international roaming.