Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Sysco Productions Ltd
JOB TITLE: Software Developer
REPORTS TO: Product Director
DEPARTMENT: Research and Development
LOCATION: Primarily Remote / Sysco Productions, GU7 2QA on occasion
External - Relevant hardware and software market contacts.
Internal - Leadership Team, Product Director, Engineering, Project Management.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The primary responsibility of a software developer at Sysco Productions is to contribute to the development effort of Sysco Productions software products and internal tools, predominantly within Unreal Engine.
This role provides the opportunity to explore the possibilities and opportunities in using the latest technologies to deliver the best possible results to our clients.
It is important to be able to understand the goals of any given project, as set out by the Product Director or other key stakeholders, and carry these goals through the project making the best possible decisions on development strategy and implementation, leading to high quality, performant features with minimal oversight or supervision.
Software developers will also work closely with the Product Director on commissions that Sysco Productions receive - This may require work in any/all development disciplines - lighting, audio, modelling etc. This may also involve outsourcing, or the integration of externally developed assets.
Finally, developers may be expected to research and contribute to new development practices or infrastructure requirements, both physical and software based, contributing to informed, secure decisions as products and processes are evolved.
- To develop new software features and tools as set out by the Leadership team and Product Director.
- To work on Sysco Productions commissions, across all disciplines, as directed by the Product Director or Design Manager .
- To build understanding of key AV technologies and their relevance to Sysco design and integration work, the capabilities and challenges associated with them, and how these can be represented virtually.
- To ensure development progress is secure, backed up, and maintained.
- To share skills and knowledge with other developers on the team.
- To act as an ambassador for good development practices to any junior developers or contractors on the development team.
- To bring attention to development areas that require external support.
- Assist with packaging workloads, review, and integration for external deliverables.
- 2+ years software development experience within 3D engines
- Excellent multitasking skills with the ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 3D modelling software experience
- In engine lighting knowledge and experience
- Basic audio editing and processing experience
- Basic graphic design knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of video processing, codecs and formats
- Knowledge and experience of video streaming technologies
- Knowledge and experience of cloud based source control platforms
- Knowledge of AV project structures, key stakeholders and their roles
- Knowledge and experience of audio middleware platforms
- Knowledge and experience of developing for VR platforms
- Relevant AV hardware knowledge and experience