Software Engineering Manager
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Daniel James Resourcing
An experienced Software Engineering Manager is being sought by a technology company that are a part of a global and very well-known brand making some rapid developments and additions to their businesses to ensure they are able to leapfrog all competition, post covid.
This Software Engineering Manager role will pay anything up to £85,000 plus a great package and will be based out of their newly refurbished SW London offices but will allow for very flexible working post covid.
The engineering team are responsible for the growth and evolution of an in-house developed platform that is being developed and rolled out across multiple brands, departments, and teams across the globe within the group.
As the successful Software Engineering Manager, you will manage a specific software development function as well as, be accountable for the internal offshore development capabilities too. You will need to provide technical leadership, line management and take full responsibility for all work delivered by the development teams, ensuring delivery on time, to budget and with a high level of quality.
You will bring experience in Agile software delivery to champion best practices within the team and to provide continuous visibility of progress both internally and to external stakeholders.
To be successful in this Engineering Manager role, you will need a strong mixture of the following skills and experience:
- Qualification: Degree (or equivalent) in IT or related subject
- Proven experience of working in a hands-on development manager role, responsible for leading and line managing a team of developers working on multiple concurrent projects.
- You will need real-world experience in multiple development technologies and techniques, providing a good breadth of experience to draw from.
- Proven experience in managing or working with offshore resources or geographically split development teams.
- You'll have a strong background in Software/Application Development coupled with good team management skills of internal developers, contractors and external partners.
- Ideally, you will have a background in delivering websites/services in an eCommerce environment.
- Knowledge of principles and concepts and practical experience of a wide range of technology solutions
- In-depth knowledge of multiple development methodologies to deliver smaller initiatives through to large scale project and programmes of work. The confidence to know which methodologies to use and when.
- A thorough understanding of good practices for full software development life cycle, including design, estimating, code management, code reviews, testing, automated build and deployment processes, bug tracking and triaging and reporting upon team KPIs.
- A strong track record of software delivery will also be very important here.
Desirable and relevant experience would be as follows:
- A background in web and .NET technologies with C# and SQL and can demonstrate an understanding of other areas of technology, such as Redis, F#, MongoDB and current web frameworks.
- Experience with working on multi-tier, high volume, transactional systems and a thorough understanding of the related challenges and how to navigate them.
- Broad knowledge of key technology theories and architectures (eg data structures, algorithms, design patterns, application architectures, technologies and solution design).
- Experience in developing and supporting API's and microservices supplying a service to both internal and external customers.
It's a great time to be joining a strong, expanding business and would be a smart step for any Engineering Manager to make a positive career change.
If you would like more information on this Software Engineering Manager position including a full job specification, please apply today with an updated copy of your CV and we can set up a chat!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£800 - £1k Daily
£75k - £85k Annual
£65k - £85k Annual
£100k - £120k Annual
£80k - £90k Annual
£50k - £75k Annual