Data Engineer (German-speaking)
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by TEKsystems
Title: Data Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Type: one-year contract with option of multiple extensions
On behalf of our client, one of the world's largest biotech companies, we are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions in close collaboration with our production specialists.
As Data Engineer, you will provide scientific data support within the Data & Analytics Team and you will be working in a dynamic environment at the pulse of our digital journey. Your experience, analytical approach, and knowledge will be crucial for identifying process improvements to ensure a stable manufacturing yield and an outstanding customer experience .
Please be aware that we are searching for Data Engineer not a Data Analyst!
- Develop and implement data collection systems and develop and monitor KPI's to support the production teams to strategically steer and continuously optimize quality improvement initiatives.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary (internal and external) sources and maintain a data warehouse. Optimize statistical efficiency and data quality in close collaboration with the Data Scientists as well as the production teams.
- Provide data analytics as a service and be a key participant in the manufacturing problem-solving process to ensure fact based and data driven decision-making.
- Minimum a Bachelor in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Data Science.
- 2 - 4 years working as a Data Engineer/Scientist or a similar position
- Advanced programming skills (SQL, R, Shiny)
- Technical skills with data models, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques and experience using statistical packages
- Experience in communication with interfaces/stakeholder (customer centricity)
- German minimum C1/English fluent in written and spoken
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy in big data sets
Nice to Haves:
- Ability to be proactive and take responsibility
- IVD experience
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
Do you have a passion for extracting conclusions out of big data sets and transform it into fact-based decisions in a production/operations environment and are you looking for a long-term project? Then please send your CV to Elisa Rodrigues at (see below)
This role is only available to EU/Swiss nationals or any other nationals with an open permit.
Job Title: Data Engineer (German-speaking)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Rate/Salary: 65.00 - 72.00 CHF Hourly
Job Type: Contract
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Aeschengraben 20, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.