Policy Manager - 12 Months - Slough - £718 per day (inside ir35)
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by ABW Recruitment
My Client a Leading Pharmaceutical Company based in Slough requires a Policy Manager for a 12 Month contract £718 per day (inside ir35)
To strengthen our Portfolio Strategy department within the RoZi Mission, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Policy Manager.
My Client is developing an innovative new approach to treating IgG and complement C5 mediated diseases. Our goal is to be leaders in the rare diseases that can best be served by this new treatment. Fundamental to our aspiration will be a strategic approach to engaging with the external environment designed to build our credibility in the market, shape the market in ways that create increased value for patients, and most importantly, create authentic and impactful relationships with the various policy and advocacy leaders globally that guide the care of patients living with auto-immune related diseases.
Reporting into the RoZi Mission's Policy Lead, the Policy Manager will support in the development and implementation of the global policy strategy that will drive our effort in ensuring patient and market impact.
You will contribute by:
- Provide strategic policy support to key affiliates/markets, based on the global policy strategy designed to differentiate the company as patient-value driven leaders;
- Work closely with the policy lead and Mission colleagues to ensure the impact and health of the Mission;
- Support collaborative and transparent efforts to define and build the companies image in Rare Disease: support cross-functional and matrixed colleagues in building solutions for patients;
- Support the policy lead in building and implementing of the long-term policy strategy, centred around value creation for patients and stakeholders, in association with adjacent functions (eg Market Access, Medical Affairs, Patient Engagement and Advocacy). This strategy will ensure full alignment of our Government Affairs, Advocacy and Public Policy agenda with short and long-term business goals.
- Driving and supporting strong regional/local execution by affiliates.
- Driving and monitoring execution of the policy strategy as agreed with the policy lead, assisting in communicating its results to the RoZi leadership team and other relevant colleagues.
- Support in cultivating external stakeholder relationships and partnership opportunities that focus on (a) improving patients' access to potentially life transforming therapies and (b) advancing national/local policies to support programs that improve treatment and care for patients;
- Delivering coherent and sophisticated environmental analysis and policy insight to the policy lead and relevant Mission colleagues, including identification of changes needed in health systems to optimize patient access to treatment.
- Enhancing the RoZi Mission's expertise related to policy through development initiatives, training and support when needed.
- Collaborating with other Missions to ensure alignment across the companies Rare Disease and broader corporate efforts.
Interested? For this position you'll need the followingeducation, experience and skills:
- University degree, in public health, public policy, international affairs, political science, business administration and/or law, is preferred.
- Prior experience (at least 5 years) in pharmaceutical government affairs/public affairs is preferred. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of achievements in the field of policy/advocacy/government affairs & strategy building.
- Understanding the external environment and political decision-making process and nuances in different regions/markets.
- Prior experience in a corporate environment is desired.
- Skilled judgement on positioning and tone of sensitive and complex issues is essential.
- Experience in rare disease policy, including successful global product launches preferred.
- Experience working in cross-cultural environment, building partnerships with key markets.
Required Skills - General
- Effective, flexible approach to team working with an ability to work across cultures and lead projects with geographically dispersed people.
- Proven ability to lead and influence others at both peer and senior level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and previous evidence of networking to a high level. Strong communication, networking, collaboration and interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships of trust with a wide range of individuals and organizations.
- Strategic and flexible thinking - ability to multi-task, effectively manage projects, handle complex issues, and translate insights into sound analysis and advice to the business.
- Understands the impact of own actions on other areas of the business and looks for synergies inside and outside the organization.
- Strong conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Curious and generous.
- Strong sense of autonomy as well as being pro-active & results driven.
- Entrepreneurial, positive, can-do attitude.
- Collaborative, balanced and seeks out differing views and perspectives.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (additional languages a plus).
- Ability to grasp complex technical information and to "translate" it for non-expert audiences.
- Ability to lead cross-functional meetings and projects across Matrix and geographies.
- Strong understanding of principles of good policy, scientific and commercial communication.
- Strong understanding of global market access challenges for branded medicines.
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Business travel is required for regular internal and external business meetings.