Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by FirstSteps for Kids
In the current state of the field of Applied Behavior Analysis, individuals interested in joining the field as Behavioral Therapists have many choices of organizations to work for, and we invite you to choose quality first. At FirstSteps, we value implementing autism treatment with the highest degree of integrity above all else. Join our team and you'll become part of a talented group of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of young children with autism and related disorders by continuing to innovate ABA treatment while at the same time maintaining the highest standards of quality. In addition to our dedication to treatment integrity, our mission is to provide a dynamic, nurturing, supportive environment for our staff. We emphasize team work, honesty, and mutual respect. Most importantly, we strive to maintain a family atmosphere and enjoyable working environment, which is fundamental to our success as a company. FirstSteps is committed to providing a work environment that accelerates professional development, with opportunities for training and promotion, and research experience.
FirstSteps on Diversity & Equity
FirstSteps for Kids, Inc. values diversity, equity, and inclusivity in all aspects of our treatment model - in our service delivery with our clients, in collaboration with families and communities, and in our organizational culture and practices with our staff.
We strive to serve a diverse population of children and their families, and see a responsibility to address the issue of inequity in access to ABA services across different cultures.
We value the importance of employing diverse staff, and firmly believe that representation of different backgrounds, gender identities, races, cultures, and sexual orientations are integral to providing an equitable work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
As a service provider to children and their families, we believe that we have a responsibility and an opportunity to contribute to social change and contribute to a more kind and compassionate world by living our values of diversity and equity in all of our daily operations.
When we provide a more diverse learning environment for our clients and their families, we provide a more meaningful experience for all and contribute toward a more equitable future for everyone.
We currently have part time availability immediately ACROSS ALL OFFICE LOCATIONS! All positions begin at part time and build to full time within a few months. Being a part of team FirstSteps affords many opportunities, including:
- Competitive salaries
- Compensation for drive time and mileage
- Health Insurance and Professional Liability Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Fun work environment
- Extensive training and on-going support by our team of 28+ Board Certified Behavior Analysts. Including BCBA Supervision if you are considering or currently obtaining your BCBA.
Room for advancement within the company. FirstSteps highly values promoting within our company. The majority of our managing level staff started their careers in an instructor level position.
- On- going team appreciation events. Our team members give 100% to their clients and we like to reward them for doing so. FirstSteps is known for hosting many festive events to show our appreciation!
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with kids, (preferably in a therapeutic setting)
- A passion for working with kids
- The desire to work for a company with a culture that values integrity, dedication and compassion.
- Valid California drivers license, car and insurance
- Willingness to drive to clients throughout the West LA areas
- Flexibility to start part-time with the option of full-time in the future
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Pass a Physical Screening by your personal physician
- Provide proof of immunity from the following: TB, Tdap, Hepatitis B, MMR, Varicella, Polio IPV
- Adhere to assigned schedule and drive to client homes as assigned
- Be able to run short distances, sit on floor, bend down, squat, kneel, and twist at the waist in order to interact and educate our clients
- The ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time
We currently work with young children in the following areas:
- East LA
- Downtown LA
For more information about FirstSteps for Kids, Inc. we encourage you to visit our website http:// Please send your resume and cover letter to Lauren Taylor by replying to this ad. We look forward to meeting you!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.