Senior IT Managed Services/Infrastructure Engineer (Contract)
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Calligo Ireland
Type: Contract - 6 months (with possibility of renewal/perm)
Hours: Full Time
Reports to: Client Operations Manager (Ireland)
Department: Service Operations
Access Level: Senior Engineer
Revision Date: May 2021
1. Role Summary
The role of Snr. IT Managed Services Consultant is to provide exceptional levels of technical support and customer service to our clients, onsite or remotely, depending on their needs. You will be a dynamic, dependable IT professional delivering 3rd level support, working across multiple client sites performing complex support tasks as well as engaging in project related work.
As a Snr. IT Managed Services Consultant, you will also act as a mentor, providing advice and guidance as part of a larger team delivering managed IT services to our clients.
2. Key Duties
- Responsible for providing specialist third line expertise, guidance and support for a range of systems infrastructure solutions, including cloud based managed services, on premise server solutions, backups and where required desktop applications including Microsoft 365.
- Utilising analytical skills for assessing and interpreting highly complex and conflicting information to ensure that server infrastructure related incidents are investigated and that those with unknown underlying root causes are managed according to documented Problem Management procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the flow of information to all customers providing both timely feedback and information. This includes retaining responsibility for the progress and resolution of complex technical requests and communicating any updates directly to them.
- Responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures are followed and propose changes to support processes to improve the quality of service.
- Multi-tasking various user issues effectively and efficiently, while documenting troubleshooting and triage steps so other team members can follow if required.
- Ensure continuity for the customer by providing an effective operational handover of all new systems and services. This responsibility includes acting as a subject matter expert for all future support issues and the provision of specialist training to all Calligo and customer support personnel, as and when required.
- Interaction with project teams to facilitate new systems and upgrades.
- Apply information security in accordance with the established team policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Adhere to all applicable compliance framework disciplines.
- Maintain and develop professional skill set
- Foster strong working relationships with Calligo's customers
- Take part in the team's on-call rota and support work outside of business hours.
3. Skills and Experience
- 5+ years technical experience gained in a support environment, ideally in an MSP or similar
- Industry recognized professional technical qualifications
- Proven track record in support methodologies, eg, ITIL.
- Sound problem analysis skills and an ability to manage and deliver under pressure
- In-depth knowledge of the full Microsoft stack including Microsoft365
- In-depth knowledge of supporting Virtual Desktop environments (desirable)
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy & Exchange administration
- Knowledge of networking, Firewalls and network devices (Switches/hubs/Routers)
- Windows Server Admin from 2012 to 2019
- Working knowledge of Azure, VMware ESXi & vSphere 6.7 (desirable)
- Hyper-V Virtualisation
- System Centre Endpoint Manager/Intune
- Knowledge of Cyber Essentials security certifications
- Microsoft Accreditations
- Project management experience
- Enthusiasm, Drive, and Initiative
- Good leadership skills
- The ability to work alone and within a team
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Must have clean, full driving license and be willing to travel