Site Reliability Engineer - (Linux, Kibana, Elastic Search)
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Empiric Solutions
Our client based in Netherlands, Leiden has an immediate requirement for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). They expect the candidate to balance time between an active participation in the service operation team and working on improvements on the day-to-day routine activities, tools and the use of big-data to optimize operations.
- Be part of a team of product specialists managing the critical services
- Participate in day-to-day monitoring and control activities, problem management and change implementation
- Identify problems and use procedures and documentation for the best actions, and participate in the mitigation or resolution
- Implement changes in order to enhance products, or to mitigate problems on our products or underlying infrastructure
- Identify and automate repetitive and manual tasks in the day to day service operations
- Optimize tools and identify opportunities to use big-data to pro-active detect anomalies before it affects our service.
- Work with other SRE's to standardize product monitoring dashboards and identify opportunities for synergy between those products
- Collaborate with other departments like network services, software systems engineering and development teams to restore availability of services and identify and correct problems
- Maintain and improve procedures, processes and documentation relevant to the supported products
- Continue to keep up to date on technical and product changes, and new requirements to monitor and support the products and applications
- Bachelor Degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience with HP-UNIX/Linux
- Proven experience with big-data analyses tools like Kibana and ElasticSearch
- Experience with Oracle or other DB Platforms
- Experience with automation/Scripting to optimize operational product management
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English
- Analytical and methodical in problem investigations and approach
- Disciplined and procedure/process oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and be part of a multicultural team
1 stage interviews will take place next week so please apply immediately if you have the skills required.
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.