Azure Data Engineer
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Levy Associates Ltd
For a large financial enterprise we are looking for multiple Azure Data Engineers - junior, medior, senior profiles - to add value to teams and help them with the migration to Azure Cloud.
As an Azure Data Engineer in the team you are responsible for the platform, a data lake used for Datamodelling purposes. The team is working fully Agile DevOps and has end to end responsibility.
The risk department is a dynamic environment where we work in an Agile way to be able to have focus and being result-oriented in light of the (technological and regulatory) developments and work together with our internal customers.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary Scrum team of around +/- 9 people
- Informal environment with a lot of room for fun
- Dynamic department
- Diverse and international environment (eg at least 8 different nationalities are represented currently)
- You work closely with modellers and data engineers to understand the data they need
- Engage in maintaining the solutions, resolve bugs and make sure the solutions run according to the expectations of our stakeholders
- Develop ETL/ELT pipelines for processing and handling large amount of data and monitor the performance of the pipeline and other cloud services.
- Develop BI data models and create BI reports.
- Discuss requirements with stakeholders and prioritize them accordingly with the team.
- You are familiar with cloud concepts (preferably Azure)
- You have hands-on experience with building data solutions with Azure native data tooling (ie Data Factory, Data Bricks)
- You are familiar with Python
- Experience working in a DevOps/Agile environment
- You have a deep understanding of data processes, Datamodelling, data pipelines (ETL), and data life cycle.
Nice to have:
- You have a good understanding of Big Data systems as well as BI.
- Technology wise, you have experience in ADLS, ADF, PowerBI, etc.
- You have knowledge of and are interested in the latest IT-trends, both within and outside your area of expertise (cloud, API, Open Banking, DevOps, CI/CD, SOA, etc.)
- You have worked in the financial sector