Sustainability Manager - Associate Director
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey is delighted to be recruiting a Sustainability Manager to work with occupiers of property and drive sustainability, CSR and wider environmental, social and governance issues focused on the built environment. As such we're looking for commercially minded consultants who have a holistic exposure to sustainability across the UN Sustainable Development goals, ESG strategy, environmental management, energy management, waste initiatives, ISO 14001, behaviour change, sustainable procurement, green leases, and environmental compliance/due-diligence.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for;
- Driving and supporting environmental and sustainability business growth with a broad base of occupier clients.
- Actively participating in business development including attending pitches, providing content for RFP responses and representing the business as required.
- Provide sustainability expertise to Occupier Services with regards to property requirements.
- Supporting occupier clients to integrate environmental, social and economic considerations into their facilities operations, products and services as required
- Managing, driving, coordinating and championing new innovations in sustainability projects and occupier mandates - which may include energy management, waste management etc.
- Direct management and delivery of consultancy projects required to achieve client goals.
- Providing general occupier sustainability advisory including, but not limited to, green leases, pre-acquisition due-diligence, asset disposal, transaction and agency sustainability advisory.
- Setting objectives and targets and driving the implementation of action plans and roadmaps for clients to generate measureable improvement.
- Developing client decarbonisation pathways supporting commitments and pledges to Net Zero Carbon.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, with a particularly deep understanding of Affordable and Clean Energy, Responsible Consumption and Production, Climate Action, Health and Well-being, Reduced Inequalities, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Sustainable Cities and Communities, Life on Land and Industry Innovation and Infrastructure.
- Supporting occupier clients in driving efficiencies and better working practices e.g. Reduction in energy bills, stationary and paper use, waste collection costs, staff travel etc.
- Implementation of ISO 14001 systems and support on other ISO systems as required, likely to include ISO 50001, ISO 20400, ISO 20600, ISO 20121 and ISO 45001.
- Acting as point of contact and project interface for external consultancy teams managing advisory and projects such as indoor air quality, green building certifications, SECR, Reporting, Pollution Monitoring, Energy Auditing, Waste services and certifications.
- Leading on environmental compliance requirements relevant to building services operations and facilities management and demonstrate a good working knowledge of ESOS/Article 8, EUETS/UKETS, MEES, SERC and all UK environmental legislation and EU legislation is desirable.
- Leading of sustainability reporting frameworks such as CDP and GRI.
- Delivering training materials, client engagement and communications in support of behaviour change.
- Gathering, interpreting and defining data gaps; carry out normalisation and benchmarking.
- Communicating through formal presentations and informal interactions with client and internal staff.
- Contributing to the maintenance, development, communication and implementation of sustainability standards within the Savills Sustainability and Occupier teams.
- Championing the sustainability brand of the business and maintaining the market leading status and providing sustainability thought leadership in the real estate industry.
The successful candidate should have a holistic knowledge of sustainability CSR and wider environmental, social and governance issues for the built environment. This should include experience in the UN Sustainable Development goals, ESG strategy, environmental management, energy management, waste initiatives, ISO 14001, behaviour change, sustainable procurement, green leases, and environmental compliance/due-diligence.
With a BSc Degree in Engineering, Energy Management, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability or equivalent, applicants should be able to demonstrate significant technical knowledge of Sustainability, Environmental Management, Environmental Legislation, Environmental Science, Energy Management, Health and Well-being, and of applying sustainability in the property sector.
With good knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks such as CDP, GRI, FTSE4GOOD, applicants should have experience of leading teams and taking responsibility for strategic growth and have significant experience of working within sustainability and real estate / property.