Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Mattinson Partnership
Job Title: Principal Ecologist
Salary: 45,000 - 55,000
Our client, a reputable multi-disciplinary consultancy, is looking for a highly skilled Principal / Associate Ecologist to manage their central ecology team from their Manchester office.
You will be working alongside their in-house water, landscape, arboriculture and sustainability specialists to deliver commercially balanced, innovative and integrated solutions, as well as being directly responsible for managing the staff in your office; and you will provide technical support to the team.
An ideal candidate will have a track record in winning work and developing client relationships - you will assist in the growth of the team's workload.
To be successful you will be expected to have a demonstrable history of managing workload and delivering a wide range of ecological services across a variety of sectors.
Role & Company:
* Responsible technical delivery, management and financial performance of Central Ecology team
* The post holder will play a key role within a growing ecology team, helping to nurture an enthusiastic, supportive and productive working environment.
* Provide expert advice and technical support to the Central Ecology team
* Take a lead in winning work and complete monthly financial milestone tasks
* Engage in business development activities and strategies to grow current order book
* Reporting to the Associate Director of Ecology
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience across a range of UK habitats and protected species and will hold (or have held) survey and mitigation licences.
* A proven record of supporting clients through devising and delivering survey programmes, developing pragmatic, cost-effective mitigation, gaining the agreement of regulators and supervising implementation on-site.
* Experience of Ecological Impact Assessment and writing Environmental Statement chapters;
* A proven record of winning work from commercial clients, particularly in the residential, mixed use and industrial sectors;
* Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management and have (or be able to demonstrate) that you are working towards Chartered Ecologist status.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Ben Quilter on or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled