Head Of Acoustics
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Mattinson Partnership
Head of Acoustics - UK - generous salary, bonus and benefits. flexible location.
Due to the continuing success in the multi-sector and multidisciplinary projects, my client is seeking a talented and motivated Acoustics, Noise and Vibration Specialist to head this International team.
A world leading engineering and consultancy company across energy and the built environment, they have an extensive track record in delivering noise and vibration services directly to clients or as part of large, high profile and complex multi-disciplinary major infrastructure project teams, and pride themselves in combining our industry-wide experience, to deliver cost effective solutions.
What is in it for you?
This is an exciting time to join a fast paced and growing team where you will have the opportunity to play a leading role in shaping the future direction of the Noise and Vibration team.
You will lead the development and growth of the UK based team, managing and delivering existing projects centred in environmental noise and vibration as well as developing business in key growth areas, working with internal and external clients. You will collaborate with and be supported by the acoustics teams based across the UK, and other technical specialists, primarily within environmental management and sustainable infrastructure.
The team has a proven track record of delivering noise and vibration services and we are now in a position to expand the team to enable continued success in this exciting market.
The pace will be challenging but it will be rewarding and there are significant opportunities across the wider consultancy business. They have an extensive portfolio of projects and opportunities worldwide. This in turn means they can offer exciting and varied career opportunities in the infrastructure and wider energy transition space.
Working with our Senior Management team, your focus will be on business development, project management and technical delivery. You will be responsible for the technical and commercial aspects of projects and will have day-to-day client contact. Business development is key to the role, and you will have responsibilities for building and leading the team, and managing and mentoring earlier career staff.
Skills / Qualifications
• Degree qualification (or equivalent) in acoustics or a relevant subject
• Full corporate membership of the Institute of Acoustics (IoA)
• Chartered Engineer (preferred but not essential)
• Experience focussed on environmental impact assessment, preferably for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects
• Team development and staff management experience
• Commercial management experience including management and responses to strategic bids
• Experience of providing technical direction at a project level
• Demonstrable record of developing and securing new business
• Business management experience including financial reporting, resourcing and recruitment
• Experience of building acoustics
to be considered for this senior appointment, please apply with an updated resume. All communications are in the strictest of confidence.